Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 19 2024 @ 03:55 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

netpbm and geeklog

tokyoahead

Anonymous
confused
Hi, I installed netbpm to work with geeklog. I never installed it before, and I am not very good at linux, so I am not too sure what could be wrong: I am not root at the server since its hosted. I installed it static, to /home/myusername/netpbm and entered this folder to the config.php. form this folder, the bin, lib etc folders start, so I am not sure if I should not have given one of these folders to config.php? is there any way to see if netpbm was installed correctly? the simple output of geeklog Image, IMGP0929.JPG had trouble being resized: is not very informative about the source of the problem... thanks...

tokyoahead

Anonymous
I found the error... I added one slash toom any to the path... maybe one should make sure in the config.php that for each path-setting its specifically indicated if the trainling slash is needed or not, just to make sure.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by tokyoahead:I installed it static, to /home/myusername/netpbm and entered this folder to the config.php. form this folder, the bin, lib etc folders start, so I am not sure if I should not have given one of these folders to config.php?
You need to point Geeklog to the bin folder. bye, Dirk

tokyoahead

Anonymous
thanks. the message that it worked now which I wrote was actually a false one. However, I pointed the dir now to /bin, and it still does not work. so question does the netpbm HAVE to be a subfolder of geeklog? now I am having /home/myuser/netpbm/bin /home/myuser/geeklog/config.php /home/myuser/public_html/lib_common.php if the path to netpbm is /home/myuser/netpbm/bin, will this be appended to the geeklog path? this is not clearly described in the config.php, IMHO.

tokyoahead

Anonymous
happy
Now. I got it. There is some slight confusion in the description of the variables in config.php as I cound. The netpbm acutally compiled correctly, the program does not have to be within the geeklog directory, but the path HAS to have a slash at the end. when looking at the config.php, it says: // only use netpbm with Geeklog, put that entire folder in /path/to/geeklog and there is no trailing slash. however, on http://www.geeklog.net/docs/config.html, it says: Note that the path must end in a slash. now it works!

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:55 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content