Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 18 2024 @ 05:00 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Parse error in XML Feed

keystone

Forum User
Chatty
I\'m getting the following error in my portal block. \"Parse error in http://www.computerworld.com/news/xml/10/0,5009,,00.xml: xml processing instruction not at start of external entity at line 3\" I\'ve tried other feeds from computerworld but I get similar errors. Is this a problem with the format of the xml file or a true parsing error in GL? Any ideas? Thanks to all the GL developers and contributers.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Which version of Geeklog are you running? That feed is indeed not correct since it should start with the xml declaration as the very first characters. It does, however, have whitespace in front of that, which causes the parse error. Try running the feed through a validator which will tell you the same thing. Having said that: Geeklog does include a workaround for invalid feeds like these and removes the whitespace before attempting to parse the feed. And I can indeed read the feed just fine on my local Geeklog install. I can\'t remember when exactly this workaround was added - it may have been in 1.3.8. bye, Dirk

keystone

Forum User
Chatty
1.3.7sr1 I should try upgrading. Thanks for the quick response, Dirk!

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:00 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content