Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, March 29 2024 @ 07:49 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Forum installation error (Fatal error: main)

sbj

Forum User
My geeklog non public files are in \"~sbj/usr/local/gl-1.3.8-1\" directory. The public files are in \"~sbj/www/gk\" directory. When I invoke the install file for the forum plugin (\"http://mydomain.com/gk//admin/plugins/forum/install.php\"), I get the following error:
Warning: main(/home/sbj/usr/local/gl-1.3.8-1/plugins/forum/config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/sbj/www/gk/admin/plugins/forum/install.php on line 53 Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required \'/home/sbj/usr/local/gl-1.3.8-1/plugins/forum/config.php\' (include_path=\'\') in /home/sbj/www/gk/admin/plugins/forum/install.php on line 53
Line 53 in the install file is \"require_once($_CONF[\'path\'] . \'plugins/forum/config.php\');\" (There is close sqare bracket there after \'path\', which does not show up here. I can not seem to escape it.) The config.php file for the forum plugin is present in the path indicated above in the error message, but it still does not seem to find it. Please tell me how I am messing up in the path settings. Thanks.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by sbj:The config.php file for the forum plugin is present in the path indicated above in the error message, but it still does not seem to find it.
Check the permissions and ownership of the file and the directories it\'s in. They need to be such that the webserver can read them. If in doubt, try chmod 444 for the config file and chmod 755 for all the directories in the path. bye, Dirk

sbj

Forum User
The file access permissions were already set to 775. I changed them to 777 to see if it helps. It seemed to go further. In fact, I got the following message in the error log: \"Thu Aug 14 12:08:56 2003 - Succesfully installed the forum Plugin!\" But then when I go to the main geeklog page, I get the following message: --- Start Quote --- Template error:set_root: /home/sbj/www/gk/layout/clean/forum/layout is not a directory. Halted. --- End Quote --- And the error log has the error: \"Could not open the file. /home/sbj/www/gk/backend/geeklog.rdf\" I hope I have not damaged the original geeklog installation while installing the forum.

rawdata

Forum User
Probably not. Looks like the /backend/geeklog.rdf either has the wrong permission settings or got lost when you unzipped it. I think that\'s the only empty file which still gets lost when uncompressing the tarball. Inside, your public directory, change permissions on /backend and geeklog.rdf to either 775 or 777. If they don\'t exist, then just create them and then change permissions. That\'s your RSS syndication file for your news stories. As for the other error, does that directory exist?

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:49 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content