Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 19 2024 @ 04:18 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Forum: deleted topic when moved

qgil

Forum User
Junior
Having permissions to move one topic from forum A to forum B, I\'ve moved a topic but then an error message has appeared saying tat I hadn\'t permissions to see that page (?). The result is that the topic has vanished... Frown Luckily it was not so relevant. Any suggestion? Forum Plugin 2.0 GL 1.3.7

Blaine

Forum User
Someone else recently had this happen then told me never mind as it was a finger problem Rolling Eyes so I don\'t know what to say. I\'ve not been able to do this in my testing. Maybe the forum that it was moved to was deleted or is a private forum. Take a look at the topic table for that post and check what forum id is set.
Geeklog components by PortalParts -- www.portalparts.com

qgil

Forum User
Junior
It has happened to me twice, but I think there might be a pattern in here. Smile Possibly the sequence has been this: - I want to move a topic from forum A to forum B. - I go to the topic and click \"Move topic\". - I see I have no permissions to move the topic to forum B. - Because I\'m admin, I go to Forum Admin and give myself permissions. - Then I go back to the topic, click \"Move topic\" and forum B appears, so I can select it. But MAYBE somewhere the info about permissions is not update, therefor before completing the move I get the error message saying \"You shouldn\'t be here\", or something like that. Can it be?

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:18 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content