Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Saturday, April 20 2024 @ 05:20 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

modifying admin directory

ewen

Anonymous
Due to the setup of my virtual hosting account I cannot use \"admin\" as my directory name but have been forced to change it to \"admin1\". Will this have any major effect on my installation?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
You will need to set $_CONF[\'site_admin_url\'] in config.php accordingly (see comments there). bye, Dirk

ewen

Anonymous
just did that, but i\'m still getting the following error. Warning: Can\'t connect to local MySQL server through socket \'/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock\' (2) in /var/www/html/geeklog/system/databases/mysql.class.php on line 104 Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Can\'t connect to local MySQL server through socket \'/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock\' (2) in /var/www/html/geeklog/system/databases/mysql.class.php on line 104 Cannnot connect to DB server i\'ve checked my database name, the logon and password, and can login into it through my admin interface that is on the server, so i know all that is correct. any ideas???

ewen

Anonymous
checked everything again and there was a small error... i was editing a commented line Rolling Eyes anyway, now i\'m getting this error Fatal error: Failed opening required \'var/www/html/geeklog/system/databases/mysql.class.php\' (include_path=\'.:/php/includes:/usr/share/php\') in /var/www/html/geeklog/system/lib-database.php on line 110

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Wrong path. bye, Dirk

ewen

Anonymous
I\'ve checked this again, a little more patiently and now I\'m getting the first error message again. I believe that I have the paths setup correctly but am not sure that I\'ve setup a username/password for my mySQL database. As I\'m extremely new to this, how do I do that, using myphpadmin?

ewen

Anonymous
i meant to write mysqladmin not myphpadmin.... sorry

ewen

Anonymous
again, i\'m mistaken... i\'m running phpMyAdmin. how do i setup a user in my database?

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:20 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content