Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 08:39 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Cant log in as Admin or Moderator

lean4huskytop

Anonymous
Installation went fine. I run the check.php file and it all returned succesfully....but....I cant log in as Admin and see the administrative functions. It says on the right that Admin is logged in, but I am not logged in. The login box is still showing and its all very weird. I run the same installation on another machine ( I use Foxserv on both ) and its still not working. Whats the problemo? Paul

DTrumbower

Forum User
Is register_globals set to off or on?

lean4huskytop

Anonymous
registers globals is set to On thank you

DTrumbower

Forum User
Got a link?

DTrumbower

Forum User
Whats your setup?

Chalkhillian

Forum User
Chatty
If You\'re 1.3.8 you probably need to set the cookie domain in config.php .

lean4huskytop

Anonymous
Hey guys I am running it on my local machine and thats why I dont have a link Set up is : Foxserv on Win Xp machine. My directory structure is: c: ------/foxserv ---------------/www ---------------------/geeklog -------------------------------/public_html C:FoxServ / www / geeklog / public_html is where the index.php is located. $_CONF[\'site_url\'] = \'http://localhost:8090/geeklog/public_html\'; $_CONF[\'cookiedomain\'] = \'http://localhost:8090/geeklog/public_html\'; so thats my setup. Please help. I want to have this up and running today! Smile thanks again LOL

lean4huskytop

Anonymous
I just changed the cookiedomain to: $_CONF[\'cookiedomain\'] = \'.localhost:8090\'; still the same problem.... Gezzzzzzzz Mr. Green

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
The port number doesn\'t belong into the cookiedomain. Remove it from there. Are you running on Apache 2 by any chance? bye, Dirk

lean4huskytop

Anonymous
apache 2.0.39 Is that bad? Paul

lean4huskytop

Anonymous
earased the port number and still nothing ..... $_CONF[\'cookiedomain\'] = \'.localhost\';

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by lean4huskytop: apache 2.0.39 Is that bad?
Well, Apache 2 support for PHP is still considered experimental (or so it seems - couldn\'t find a definitive answer to that). You should at least try to update to the latest versions (Apache 2.0.47, PHP 4.3.2) - or go back to Apache 1.3.28. bye, Dirk

lean4huskytop

Anonymous
I highly doubt that its experimentall. I got the whole package through foxserv and its a good one. How about I try hte previous rollout of geeklog? is that one better?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by lean4huskytop: I highly doubt that its experimentall.
The developers of PHP themselves are considering Apache 2 support to be experimental. At least that\'s what they said for PHP 4.2.x. As I said, I couldn\'t confirm the status for PHP 4.3.x yet. Some combinations of Apache 2/PHP seem to be working okay, while others are not (and the latter are often Windows installs). bye, Dirk

Chalkhillian

Forum User
Chatty
blank
I just finished loading up Aeonserve on a spare XP box I had laying around - I use the box\'s name instead of localhost and I set the cookie domain to \'\' . Apache 2.0.41 it works fine. Try the Aeonserve install on XP - you get Apache 2.0.41, PHP 4.3.2 , MySql 4.0.14, phpMyAdmin 2.5.2rc2 , AwStats 5.6 and Geeklog 1.3.8 all in one clean install - loaded in about 10 minutes. Aeonserv is here

All times are EDT. The time is now 08:39 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content