Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, March 29 2024 @ 01:03 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Portal Block Problem

xbrief

Forum User
Junior
I can\'t get the geeklog.rdf file of one domain to show in another. Is this normal? My portal block in 1.3.8. is able to show the geeklog.rdf of another site in the same domain as the other 1.3.8 installation. But it cannot show the RDF files of a 1.3.7+ installation in another domain. Is this due to a missing configuration in the config file? Question Again, my 1.3.7+ installations in one domain cannot show the rdf files of another site in the same domain with the same kind of installation. Can you help me with this?
Don't curse the darkness, light a fire. Don't wait for the sunrise. Walk towards the dawn.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
I\'ve read it three times but still don\'t understand the problem. Some examples would probably help. Also, what does \"can not show\" mean? What happens? Do you get any error messages? There\'s also a bug in Geeklog versions prior to 1.3.8 that does not show new portal blocks immediately after their creation. A forced reload (depending on the browser, holding down the shift or control key while clickling on the reload button) should help there (if one of the involved sites is running 1.3.7). bye, Dirk

xbrief

Forum User
Junior
I don\'t get any errors. Please go to http://www.nossumus.net/agpinoy and look at the blocks on the right at the homepage. The Bible Corner shows its news items, while those below (Webfriar\'s Lab, Family Site, and APIC dont) Idea
Don't curse the darkness, light a fire. Don't wait for the sunrise. Walk towards the dawn.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Well, okay, I see some empty blocks - but that doesn\'t really help. Can you give the URLs of those feeds? bye, Dirk

xbrief

Forum User
Junior
Please check your mail.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Well, the simple answer is: All those feeds (all three of them) are empty. If you have access to the sites in question, make sure their backend directory and geeklog.rdf files are writable. It may also help to edit and save a story on those sites to update the feeds. Or maybe they\'re switched off in config.php? Of course, it would make sense if Geeklog would produce a warning message in that case ... bye, Dirk

xbrief

Forum User
Junior
Quote by Dirk: Well, the simple answer is: All those feeds (all three of them) are empty. If you have access to the sites in question, make sure their backend directory and geeklog.rdf files are writable. It may also help to edit and save a story on those sites to update the feeds. Or maybe they\'re switched off in config.php? Of course, it would make sense if Geeklog would produce a warning message in that case ... bye, Dirk
If the problem is in config.php, where do I fix it?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
RSS/RDF Feed Settings bye, Dirk

DTrumbower

Forum User
http://www.geeklog.net/docs/config.html#rdf

xbrief

Forum User
Junior
The problem was permissions for backend folder and geeklog.rdf.

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:03 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content