Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, April 16 2024 @ 06:11 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Parse error on line 95 config.php / install step 2

Bruno

Anonymous
Hello, After installing Geeklog 1.3.8 on Mac (System X 10.2.6), modifying mod as descrived in documentation and then running the admin/install/install.php on localhost for testing, I got this warning error on step 2 : Parse error: parse error in /Library/WebServer/Documents/geeklog/config.php on line 95 Fatal error: Failed opening required \'databases/.class.php\' (include_path=\'.:/usr/lib/php\') in /Library/WebServer/Documents/geeklog/system/lib-database.php on line 109 It seems the $_DB_dbms = \'mysql\' (defined in config.php) are not passed to the lib-database.php. I tryed to modify this line of script directly : require_once(/Library/WebServer/Documents/geeklog/system/databases/mysql.class.php) after running again the instal script I got this error : Parse error: parse error in /Library/WebServer/Documents/geeklog/config.php on line 95 Parse error: parse error in /Library/WebServer/Documents/geeklog/system/lib-database.php on line 109 Template Error: set_root: install_templates is not a directory. Halted. What can I do for solving the problem ? Thanks in advance, Bruno

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by Bruno:What can I do for solving the problem ?
All you need to do is to fix that parse error. Line 95 in config.php is (in Geeklog 1.3.8) the line that defines the site slogan. The problem could also be in line 94 (the site name) and was only detected by the PHP parser when trying to parse the next line. So make sure you have both the site name and site slogan enclosed in single quotes and that both lines end in a semicolon. Also, if you\'ve used something like \'Bruno\'s site\' as the site name or slogan, you need to escape that extra quote sign with a backslash: \'Bruno\\\'s site\' You should also undo the change in lib-database.php (or restore the original file). bye, Dirk

anonymous

Anonymous
had the same problem....line 94 probably isn\'t closed with \';

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:11 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content