Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 12:19 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

table \'db.gl_blocks\' doesn\'t exist error

barrmulio

Anonymous
brainy
I feel like this is a dumb mistake, but I\'m getting the error: 1146: Table \'db.gl_blocks\' doesn\'t exist Error log reads: 08/01/03 00:46:53 - 1146: Table \'db.gl_blocks\' doesn\'t exist SQL in question: SELECT is_enabled FROM gl_blocks WHERE name = \'whosonline_block\' Everything else seems to run fine. I\'ve tried avariety of different databases j.i.c. but I get the same mistake. Any clues? Thanks!

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Something must have gone wrong during the installation. You should have 39 tables in your database (40, if you\'re using 1.3.7). I\'d suggest you drop the database and run the install script again, paying close attention on any error or warning messages that may flash up during the process. bye, Dirk

Barrmulio

Anonymous
confused
Thanks for the prompt reply!! I just dropped the table, and recreated another one. Didn\'t work (same exact error). I went to check and no tables were created at all. I dropped this one, and tried again, same error. At least it\'s consistent... Checking another tread, I also made sure the permissions on mysql were set right, but this didn\'t make a difference...

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by Barrmulio:I went to check and no tables were created at all.
Did you get to the success page after the install? I would assume you get an error during the install script, but don\'t see it. Can you try switching error_reporting on in PHP (if you have access to the php.ini)? If not, you may need to add some debug output in the install script to find out what\'s going on ... bye, Dirk

Barrmulio

Anonymous
Hi again, I don\'t get anything during the install except for a white page with the txt: \"1146: Table \'geek.gl_blocks\' doesn\'t exist\" Error reporting was on: (nothing changed from default php install) \"error_reporting = E_ALL; display all errors, warnings and notices\" I have access to everything since the site is being run on my IIS 5 server before I go live. Maybe this will make troubleshooting easier. Any clue to maybe where I should be looking in the install script? Since noone seems to have had this problem, it may just be my machine Frown thanks for the continued support

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by Barrmulio:Any clue to maybe where I should be looking in the install script?
The tables are created in function INST_createDatabaseStructures(), so it would be interesting to know if it even gets there.
Quote by Barrmulio:Since noone seems to have had this problem, it may just be my machine Frown
There are at least two bugs in the install script (as I just learned today), but in those cases, it at least creates the tables ... bye, Dirk

Dazzy

Forum User
Out of curiosity are you using a masked URL in the $_CONF[\'site_url\'] setting? Also make sure you are not editing your files with a WYSIWYG editor such as Dreamweavor,(I had the same problem and it was a combination of these two setup errors) if you have been start with a fresh version of the file and use soemthing like notepad or wordpad.
Dazzy

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:19 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content