Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 25 2024 @ 03:35 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Private Community

witzman

Forum User
confused
hi, i want to create a private community for allowed users only. it would be nice wether somebody can help me out. i created a group, called ausers, with the rights to post & read, and i add the allowed people to this group. if a new user creates his account, he is normaly belongs to \"all users\" and can read the articles. but i dont want anyone can read, only the allowed \"members\". if a new person registers, i add him to the group ausers, so that he can read. but if a other user registers himself ,now he only need to check his mail, logs in, and can read our stuff (because \"all users\" have privileges to read stuff). And the settings of \"all users\" i cannot modify. pls help me, how to fix this cu Witzman

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
You need to set the topic permissions such that all topics belong to the group you created. Then uncheck both the \"Members R\" and \"Anonymous R\" checkboxes for the topic. Another way you could try is to make the site inaccessible for non-registered users ($_CONF[\'loginrequired\'] = 1 in config.php) and unchecking the anonymous permissions on all the topics, blocks, etc. that non-registered users shouldn\'t see. Then switch on the user submission queue ($_CONF[\'usersubmission\'] = 1) so that new users will need to be approved before they can access the site. bye, Dirk

witzman

Forum User
cool, thanks, you helped me a lot. cu Witzman

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:35 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content