Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, April 24 2024 @ 05:35 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

rename config.php?

tokyoahead

Anonymous
Hi, I want to run multiple geeklogs on one site. For this, I want to keep the same path for each of them, but different config.php\'s. So can I just copy multiple config.php under different names into the same directory and use the other files shared? like config_site1.php config_site2.php ... thanks tokyoahead

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
It\'s not that easy. The config.php is included in lib-common.php - so how should lib-common.php know which config.php to include? This has been discussed before (try searching for \"multiple sites\" or something similar), but Geeklog isn\'t really made for this kind of setup. bye, Dirk

tokyoahead

Anonymous
Well I would have different public_html-directories for each site. this means that I could simply enter the proper name of the config.php in the lib-common.php, the question is only if the whole site reffers to the configxx.php if it is renamed in the lib-common, or if some module always will look for exactly config.php since lib-common does not refer to a directory but direclty to the file, I guessed I could change the filename.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
config.php is only referred to once (from lib-common.php). All the other files refer to lib-common.php then. bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:35 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content