Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 19 2024 @ 01:43 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

internal server error

Candi

Forum User
Junior
Hey all! I\'ve been using Geeklog for a few months and was slowly but surely adding all of my articles from NewsPro and it was running like a champ. I hadn\'t touched it for a couple of months and today I went over there to continue adding more stories and the index page is giving me an internal server error. None of the permissions were changed, none of the paths have changed, nothing like that. The only thing I can think of is that my host recently enabled suexec so that scripts can run as nobody and maybe changing that screwed something up? I\'m really kind of panicking about this because I\'ve spent at least 100 hours so far on adding old articles and can\'t even imagine going back and starting all over again. If anyone has any ideas, please help. I\'m desperate. Smile

Blaine

Forum User
curious
The actual error message would help. Any chance your disk partition is full for the database or log files?
Geeklog components by PortalParts -- www.portalparts.com

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by Candi:I\'m really kind of panicking about this because I\'ve spent at least 100 hours so far on adding old articles and can\'t even imagine going back and starting all over again.
Your stories should still exist in the database. But before you try to make a database backup, make sure you weren\'t running out of diskspace (as Blaine said, this may be causing your problems). bye, Dirk

Candi

Forum User
Junior
No, not running out of space-- my site\'s on a dedicated server and whenever it starts to get close I just bump it up another 500 MB. Smile The error message is just the standard 500 Internal Server Error on Apache. It doesn\'t give any other information. The only thing that changed was that three days ago, SuExec was enabled. I had a really hard time getting Geeklog to run when I first installed it several months ago-- I think I finally did have to run it as nobody:nobody. And now it needs to be my username and maybe I\'m doing something wrong. I know that when you run SuExec you can\'t use 777 on files anymore, they have to be 755, so maybe I\'m missing a key file? In the docs it says chown -R webuser:webuser /path/to/geeklog If my username is realmof, would the command be chown -R realmof:realmof /path/to/geeklog? And is the path above to the non-public directory that contains the logs, or is that both public and non-public directories? That has to be what it is... that\'s the ONLY thing that\'s changed....

Candi

Forum User
Junior
Ah! Figured it out. The public geeklog folder just needed to be reset to 755.... that did the trick.

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:43 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content