Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 18 2024 @ 10:54 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Strange email problem

cygnus8929

Forum User
I have an interesting email problem. I\'m running Geeklog 1.3.7sr2 on RH 7.3. When I try to send email to a user while logged in as Admin, the mail does not get sent. Also, mail does not get sent if a user requests a new password. However, the suggestion block and referral blocks both work just fine. Since these are working, I think that PHP is configured correctly. Also, I\'m able to send email using sendmail from the command line without any problems. Anyway, the error that I get when mail does not get sent is listed below. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, David
Reporting-MTA: dns; geeklog.foo.com Arrival-Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 10:40:32 -0500 Final-Recipient: RFC822; foo@foo.com Action: failed Status: 5.1.0 Remote-MTA: DNS; mail.foo.com Diagnostic-Code: SMTP; 554 5.1.0 Sender Denied Last-Attempt-Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 10:40:32 -0500

D1

Forum User
Chatty
Hello, I\'m having the same problem here as well, though I use Geeklog 1.3.8. I just can\'t figure out where the problem comes from... Below is the error I have: Return-path: Received: from nobody by bh5.bargaininhosts.co.uk with local (Exim 4.20) id 19rkoH-0005Zd-Qc for Paul@yahoo.com; Tue, 26 Aug 2003 21:53:01 +0100 To: paul@yahoo.com Subject: Registration: Your Account Information From: Admin X-Mailer: GeekLog 1.3.8 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Message-Id: Anybody with an Idea of what\'s going un?. Regards Question
What an old man can see, a young man will never see even though he is standing at the top of the highest mountain.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by D1:Below is the error I have:
If that\'s a bounced message, it should give a reason for the bounce. I don\'t see that in the portion you quoted ... bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:54 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content