Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 11:47 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Gmail

Page navigation

wlparks

Forum User
Junior
well I've made plugins before, but I just didn't think there would be another situation like ours. If more people ask I will do it, not sure if I can though is there a hook for plugins once you login? Anyway if you want to attept to replicate what I did I can try to explain here how I accomplished it. 1. Installed the autologin plugin for sm http://www.squirrelmail.org/plugin_view.php?id=33 this plugin stores the username and password in a highly encrypted cookie, better then anything I would of made up. 2. Once you login to geeklog mine is in the default switch in users.php(not sure how much I really edited this), I just added the part for making a encrypted cookie. Code is as follows(just stole this out of the functions.php that came with the autologin plugin).
Text Formatted Code

function MD5Keycrypt($txt,$key)
       {
                for ($i=0,$j=0,$val='',$key=md5($key),$keylen=strlen($key),$txtlen=strlen($txt);$i
Thats all I had to do, if you have any questions let me know. I know this might not be the cleanest or most diffucult way to do it but it works for us and it appears to be pretty secure, I mean look at that encryption on the stuff :-p

wlparks

Forum User
Junior
I also have another hack that will display how many new emails you have once you login to geeklog, I will post a screenshot of that later today if anybody wants to see how cool it is Smile

destr0yr

Forum User
Quote by wlparks: if anybody wants to see how cool it is Smile
i\'d love to see it.
-- destr0yr
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -- Douglas Adams

wlparks

Forum User
Junior
This is the header once you login. http://www.catt.com/~wparks/images/CattMail.jpg

ScurvyDawg

Forum User
Very cool .... NICE!!!!! Mr. Green

Euan

Forum User
full
Just to keep you informed...I\'m using Gmail as my mail reader at the moment. It still doesn\'t have a working compose/send function yet, although all the basic bits are there (just haven\'t got round to fitting them together yet). Works fine for multiple POP3 accounts, and stores incoming mails in the folder you define for each account (can also be the same folder of course). I\'m working on a filtering system, but my logic is not right yet (you can create rules to compare a string against parts/all the email as it is downloaded, and if a match is found, the mail is sent to a particular folder specified in the rule instead of the default for that account). When that is going properly, I\'ll get the compose working. Also need to incorporate google style page navigation as you could get looong pages right now! Another bit of GL source I can steal... Mr. Green
-- Heather Engineering
-- No job too small

Page navigation

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:47 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content