Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 12:41 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Desired Localization Strategy

vvprok

Forum User
Now I am engaged in Russian localization of Geeklog. Unfortunately, it is necessary to notice, that at change of base file English.php (for example at addition of phrases and expressions), it will be necessary to synchronize ALL localization\'s files. It also results in occurrence of the uncompleted localizations. I offer to act as follows: 1) To create LangDefault.php, in which will be a copy of English.php, with the next exception: if (\" \" == LANGXX [N]) { LANGXX [N] = \" Default Phrase \"; } 2) Localized file will be included before LangDefault.php 3) Maybe would be useful to have DEBUG mode of LangDefault.php file, to have complete dump of unlocalized phrases. Best Regards Smile

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by vvprok:Unfortunately, it is necessary to notice, that at change of base file English.php (for example at addition of phrases and expressions), it will be necessary to synchronize ALL localization\'s files.
Yep, thats a flaw in the current implementation.
1) To create LangDefault.php, in which will be a copy of English.php, with the next exception: if (\" \" == LANGXX [N]) { LANGXX [N] = \" Default Phrase \"; }
Not sure I understand - where would you put that code? For a moment, I thought PHP\'s array_merge function would be perfect for this, but it doesn\'t work as expected with numerical indexes Cry Another option would be to write a (offline) tool that synchronises language files with english.php, i.e. any new strings would be pulled from english.php and added to the other language file. So at least you wouldn\'t have any missing strings ... bye, Dirk

vvprok

Forum User
I done it in the next way: 1. I wrote script, which processes current english.php and creates new in style of: if (\" \" == LANGXX [N]) { LANGXX [N] = \" Default Phrase \"; } 2. At the end of each other localization file I included english.php Unfortunately I had not received confirmation message from translation mailing list and can not send to you results of my revolution Smile

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by vvprok:Unfortunately I had not received confirmation message from translation mailing list
Hmm, can\'t see you in the list of subscribed users either. Try to sign up again. bye, Dirk

vvprok

Forum User
I done registration three times (with delay in ~12 hours): 1. To enter mail 2. To enter password 3. To confirm password And nothing Maybe I done something wrong? Note: I receive confirmation mail for devtalk and cvs mailing lists

vvprok

Forum User
I sent my changes to cvs mailing list. The message includes LangHack.zip, where you can also find draaft version of russian localization (all phrases are translated, but not checked completely).

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
We seem to have a problem with at least some of the mailing lists. I haven\'t gotten any notifications for the CVS checkins I did today, neither have I seen your mail. Maybe you could email me your files directly? My email address is in the header of most of the 1.3.8 files ... bye, Dirk

vvprok

Forum User
Ok! I have sent to you mail directly.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by vvprok: Ok! I have sent to you mail directly.
Well, I haven\'t received any email from you and I can\'t find your post in the archives of the CVS mailing list either. Are you having a problem with your email maybe? If you want your translations being added to the upcoming 1.3.8 release, why not simply upload them here on the site? bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:41 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content