Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, April 24 2024 @ 05:51 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

adressbook with rights

raffles

Forum User
Hi! I am missing a good address-book in geeklog. In the Contacts-Plugin I miss the security (or did I completely miss that part?) I would like to have an address-book where everybody can edit his own address and depending on settings also the addresses of the groups were he belongs to. But in any case everybody should be able to see only the addresses of the people he is in the same group with. Then I would wish to have features like give out a list of all addresses of a choice of groups – best would be in different formats like html, CSV, Excel or PDF. Sending a Email to the people who belong to the same group as someone would also be great. Who would be interested to program something like that? So far I can only serve as giving the idea as I never programmed anything for geeklog. greetings Daniel

jadiepoo

Forum User
Chatty
Contacts does have security permissions - uncheck the top box in the main contacts admin page (for stopping anonymous views if I remember correctly), and each contact (click on the name then edit) has the permission settings at the bottom of each listing. You can set the group permissions there.

alinford

Forum User
Regular Poster
If you actually find, create or plugin an Addressbook that does all of these things, please post a followup so that we can all use it!

TheRaftGuy

Forum User
I am currently working on a geeklog plugin based on our very powerful mailing list manager. The system includes an HTML newsletter builder using templates and currently is used to manage about 30 subscription only and free newsletters. An old version of the documentation can be found at http://ebean.sourceforge.net/UserManual/EBeanUserManual.htm We have since added many new features. I hope to have the plugin available soon. Anyone interested in getting involved should contact me.

raffles

Forum User
Hi! I found out that contact indeed can do rights management but one problem I still have is: user A is in Group y and z How could the adress of this user - with one entry in the list become visible in both groups? It would be great if 1 adress could be in as many groups as exist. In the list view there should then be a select-field which groups to show. The idea with the Email which is sent whenever someone\'s adress is changed would help to remind people on the url and on changing their own adress in case they move. (I have something like this running and people really regularly correct the adresses - but it is in Perl and uses only a CSV-File) and has only 1 group :-) regards Daniel

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:51 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content