Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, March 29 2024 @ 11:38 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

WHAT'S NEW BLOCK

Anonymous

Anonymous
Is there any way for me to exclude certain topic sections from the "What's New" block? I have some private sections that I don't want to appear in the block for general users.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Make use of Geeklog\'s permission system. If these sections are only meant for yourself, then uncheck the \"anonymous\" and \"members\" checkboxes in the topic\'s and story\'s permissions sections. Or you could create a new group of users and assigns those stories and topics to this new group (again unchecking anonymous and members access). If you know how the Unix file permissions work, this shouldn\'t be too hard to figure out. bye, Dirk

ant925

Forum User
Right - that part I have working, but even if I take away rights for people to view certain topics (which works), they still SEE the titles of story\'s they don\'t have rights to read ONLY in the What\'s New Block. If they click the story, it says they don\'t have rights to read it, which is what I want, but I don\'t want them to even know the story is there. Any suggestions?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
This sounds like a bug that I\'ve just fixed in 1.3.8rc2. As a workaround, make sure the permissions on the actual stories match those on the topic. bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:38 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content