Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 09:44 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

block for static pages

ergate

Forum User
Hi, Before I start to make a mess of things and try and roll my own, is there a block / hack /directions in existance that will display the static pages in a block? and / or There is a theme axonz-red that I would like to use and it does not display the menu items, such as static pages, if there is a way I could add the menu to this theme I might possibly prefer that, I am just not sure which file I need to edit. any help or at least a point in the direction of the documentation. thanks Aaron

Mark

Anonymous
If you go inside the block manager, you can add any content you want to a side block including a menu.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by ergate:is there a block / hack /directions in existance that will display the static pages in a block?
No, but that should be fairly easy if you know a bit of PHP and SQL.
Quote by ergate:There is a theme axonz-red that I would like to use and it does not display the menu items, such as static pages, if there is a way I could add the menu to this theme I might possibly prefer that, I am just not sure which file I need to edit.
You will need to find a place in the theme's header.thtml file where you can add the
Text Formatted Code
{plg_menu_elements}
variable. Geeklog will then insert any plugin menu entries there. bye, Dirk

ergate

Forum User
quote by Dirk You will need to find a place in the theme\'s header.thtml file where you can add the {plg_menu_elements} variable. Geeklog will then insert any plugin menu entries there.
Worked perfectly. Thanks
quote by Dirk No, but that should be fairly easy if you know a bit of PHP and SQL.
I know enough to get myself in trouble. I am going to dig through the documentation and see if I can make one. thanks

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:44 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content