Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, April 24 2024 @ 06:03 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

View Forums question

Sundin13

Forum User
Hey! I installed everything, and it seems like everything works up-to-par. Now whenever i click on forums and I try to go to view forums, it has a completely different link, how can I change it to point it to another direction? Thanks!

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by Sundin13:Now whenever i click on forums and I try to go to view forums, it has a completely different link, how can I change it to point it to another direction?
Sorry, that sentence doesn\'t seem to make a lot of sense (at least not to me ...). Can you rephrase that please? bye, Dirk

Sundin13

Forum User
Hey Dirk! Sorry my mistake, basically what I am trying to ask is when I go to the Forum to configure it I see the following options: View Forums| Statistics| Settings| Board Admin| Moderators| Messages IP However when I click on View Forums it points to a wrong link, and i get a message that says page not found...can I change the default link? if so in what file? Sorry again Dirk! Thanks!

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Okay, I understand your problem now, but I can't reproduce it - works fine here on the site.

From what I can see in the code, it uses $_CONF['site_url'] and appends '/forum/index.php' to it. So if your site url variable is correct, that link should be correct ...

Maybe Blaine can shed some light on this.

bye, Dirk

Sundin13

Forum User
Thanks for the response.... Can you tell me perhaps where I can edit $_CONF[\'site_url\'] variable at?

Sundin13

Forum User
Cry

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by Sundin13:Can you tell me perhaps where I can edit $_CONF[\'site_url\'] variable at?
Err, config.php? If that variable isn\'t set, your whole site won\'t work ... bye, Dirk

Sundin13

Forum User
I thought perhaps it was possible to change it in one of the files in the forums.........perhaps this is something to consider in the next release.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by Sundin13: I thought perhaps it was possible to change it in one of the files in the forums.........perhaps this is something to consider in the next release.
Why? There\'s no need to change anything - the forum will (normally) just pick up the correct URL. I don\'t know why it isn\'t working for you, but then I\'m not too familiar with the Forum\'s code. That\'s why I was hoping Blaine would comment on this issue ... bye, Dirk

Sundin13

Forum User
Quote by Dirk:
Quote by Sundin13: I thought perhaps it was possible to change it in one of the files in the forums.........perhaps this is something to consider in the next release.
Why? There\'s no need to change anything - the forum will (normally) just pick up the correct URL. I don\'t know why it isn\'t working for you, but then I\'m not too familiar with the Forum\'s code. That\'s why I was hoping Blaine would comment on this issue ... bye, Dirk
Hey Dirk! I want to thank you for the support, I finally got it working. The problem was with my websever, my subdomain was a forward and that\'s why it didn\'t work. Thanks for the help once again, it works wonderfully now.

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:03 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content