Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 01:30 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Geeklog-Gallery integration manual install missing info

TechFan

Forum User
I was trying to get geeklog and gallery to work together using the cvs of gallery and have been running into problems. . . Now that I understand how the integration works a little better, I realized that I needed to try the manual integration installation when using the cvs (currently using v1.3.4cvs38) of gallery. All went fine, but unfortunately, the manual installation instructions are missing a very important (at least for me) conditional statement (the one that checks for group permissions). I would suggest this modification be replace the corresponding section in the README.txt that is downloaded with the package from gplugs.sourceforge.net. After adding the last conditional statement group permissions started working. I am not sure how I can update it. . .or i would update the cvs myself.MODIFICATIONS TO ALBUM.PHP (gallery/classes) ##### FIND THIS CODE ##### around line 1108 $loggedIn = $gallery->userDB->getLoggedIn(); if ($perm[$loggedIn->getUid()] && strcmp($gallery->user->getUid(), $everybody->getUid())) { return true; } return false; ##### AND REPLACE IT WITH ##### /* GEEKLOG MOD * If loggedIn has the perm and we're logged in, then * we're ok also. */ $loggedIn = $gallery->userDB->getLoggedIn(); if ($perm[$loggedIn->getUid()] && $gallery->user->isLoggedIn() ) { return true; } if (is_array($perm)) { foreach ($perm as $gid => $pbool) { $group = $gallery->userDB->getUserByUid($gid); if ($group->isGroup == 1) { if (SEC_inGroup(abs($group->uid), $uid)) { return true; } } } } return false; I hope this helps someone. I am still investigating the security issue with the gallery session not being terminated when you logout of geeklog.

vinny

Site Admin
Admin
I've updated the CVS, the install will have these changes in the next release. -Vinny

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:30 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content