After a few requests for a way to integrate 4images into Geeklog, Blaine and I got together and made it happen. Here is a little list of some of the features that we added:
- It allows 4images to be totally wrapped inside of Geeklog. The 4images templates can easily be edited to fit your site.
- It comes with an easy user migration script to move all user information to the 4images database.
- When a user is logged into Geeklog, they are also logged into 4images with their unique uid and same username. You do not need to log in and out through both. Geeklog handles all of the information.
- When a user registers, they are added to the gallery also. Also, when the user/admin edits their info, their gallery info is changed also.
- Plus all of the great features already part of 4images.
You can download the hack here
Included is a readme file that explains how to do the integration step by step. It also lists two sites running the gallery, so you can see what it would/could look like.
Hope you guys like it