Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Saturday, April 20 2024 @ 06:43 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Updated phplinks for Geeklog

squatty

Forum User
I spent a significant amount of time battling with the Geeklog search.php page. Specifically, how to integrate phplink search queries with Blaine's awesome Site Calendar Block.

In working through the issues, I ended up modifying quite a bit of the phplinks integration code. Thus, I'm releasing the 1.2 version. You can download the updated code here.

The updated package contains an UPGRADE file with instructions on how to conduct the upgrade. One important note…the upgrade sql file (phpLinks2_upgrade.sql) WILL change the submitted date (added field in gl_pllinks) to the current day. It's a long story but, to make search work, I had to convert the phplinks dates to be UNIX timestamp friendly. Changing the added filed to the current date will have two impacts:

• The What's New block will display ALL your links as "new". The What's New code does however set a max links to display of 15.
  • ALL links will appear in the results page when clicking the calendar link for the given day.
  • To fix the above issues on my site, I went back and manually edited all links….boo! I'm sure there's a better way to do the conversion but, it's outside of my knowledge…and I'm too lazy to look it up ;-)

The main added feature of the updated release is the ability to show link results for the calendar block. If that's not worth the effort or link results are not important than simply leave your phplinks integration as is. To see a sample of the results, click on the "15th" link on my Site Calendar block.

In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:43 am.

• Normal Topic
    • Sticky Topic
    • Locked Topic
    • New Post
    • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    • Locked Topic W/ New Post
    •  View Anonymous Posts
    •  Able to post
    •  Filtered HTML Allowed
    •  Censored Content