Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Monday, March 18 2024 @ 11:47 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Weather blocks/module.

chmouel

Forum User

I took some time to convert the My Weather Suite from phpnuke to geeklog.

It still missing user defined configuration and i should make it as plugins.
But it does work for my needs as you can see on my site http://www.chmouel.org/.

You can find the tarball here :
http://www.chmouel.org/misc/weather-geeklog.tar.gz.

Chmouel.

Tony

Site Admin
Admin
I, at one time, had phpWeather working flawlessly on my site. i will probably get it working again but how does your weather software work? I'm assuming it uses METAR data, right? Also, can the user change the city is that on the to-do list? phpWeather provide current weather conditions (updated hourly) and you can do forecasts as well. Only down side is there isn't a one-to-one correlation between current weather feeds and forecast feeds (i.e. it's possible one city will have a current weather feed but no forecast feed. ----- The reason people blame things on previous generations is that there's only one other choice.
The reason people blame things on previous generations is that there's only one other choice.

chmouel

Forum User
Humm i looked also to phpMYwheather but it didn't do what i want. This weather module use msnbc.com information which provide everything we want. Also things like if it's rainning/sunny etc... is much more easy to do with msnbc. The per-user option is not implemented, i should do it, but i'm a litle lazzy since i don't really i'll check that this weekend if it's easy to do..

alee

Forum User
I installed the weather module and like it a lot. It would be great if user can select the temperature measurement either Celsius or Fahrenheit or both.

chmouel

Forum User
It's fairly easy to do i'll add that soon (before the end of weekend).

chmouel

Forum User
Ok i have just added the per-user configuration (download it from the same tarball), just need to add the Fareinheigh <=> Celcius conversion and i'm done.

chmouel

Forum User
Ok the celcius/fareinheight conversion is add, now the module is same featured of the phpnuke version.

Anonymous

Anonymous
It works nice. Thank you.

vdanen

Anonymous
Geez, Chmouel... you're working too hard... =) But I must admit, it's really sweet... (and here I thought you were going to keep your website low profile... can't help yourself can you? <grin>Wink.

chmouel

Forum User
Humm for information there is a new version which fix the admin.php add location when user is not in weather group.

natter

Anonymous
Works great but when I try to click on "details", I get: Fatal error: Cannot redeclare get_from_msnbc() in /www/t10/main/gl/public_html/weather/display_weather.php on line 28 Any ideas? Thanks. http://m.t10.net to see

chmouel

Forum User
weird i don't have this problem, what php version ?

natter

Anonymous
latest 4.1.1 I've searched google for this error and I can't find a good answer... I wish I knew what: Cannot redeclare get_from_msnbc() mean. redeclare?

efarmboy

Forum User
I too am now getting this error - but only when I choose Detail. Otherwise it works fine. This occurs either from the main block view or in the "edit" screen. I had it all installed and working a few days ago. I was tweaking with display formating but that's working fine. I'm running FreeBSD 4.5 - Apache 1.3 - Mysql 3.23.47 - PHP 4.1.1 - Geeklog v1.3.2-1 I'm going to go back and check all the punctuation again. Any Ideas ?

efarmboy

Forum User
The problem appears to be that, there are two functions with the same name in the files: - display_weather.php - detailed_weathers.php Specifically getweather() and get_from_msnbc(). Everything is fine when the block first comes up. Once you click on detail you get the duplicate declare error() I changed the names in detailed_weathers.php and it works again. I have been installing additional ports and modules so I suspect there is a config file in which a default was changed. This worked initially when I installed it. Blaine

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:47 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content