Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Saturday, April 20 2024 @ 02:06 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Has anyone developed/started a testing/quiz plugin?

alefort

Anonymous
Greetings: I am developing a site for a non-profit group that aims to help security professionals in their educational endeavours. (see www.tsisp.org). To that end, I am looking for a testing/quiz plugin, that can create and manage tests for multiple topics/certifications. Does such a plugin exist or has anyone begun developing such a plugin?
If not, would anyone be interested in working on a quiz plugin? If so please contact me at alefort@tsisp.org.

amckay

Forum User
Yup, I just started one tonight, in fact. I did the DB design about a month ago on paper and haven't touched it since, but tonight I put the DB into MySQL and was just on my way now to download the latest plugin template when I thought I'd check in here.

Well, it's not a quiz per-se but rather a plugin for rating things (doing reviews). You can define Type of Review (Book, Website, etc), Intro Text (what it's all about), Questions in the Review (rating different aspects of something), how many ratings are on each question (e.g. 1 to 3 scale, 1 to 5 scale, 1 to 10 whatever), as well as if you do not want those 3,5,10 possibilities to be numbers, you can have them as text fields instead. Then you can keep track of which users answer which way to each question, and also each user can comment on their answer to each question.

So thinking about it I am pretty sure you could use it for quizzes with zero changes (damn that's a good design! ;-))

With some luck (and motivation) it may only take me a month or so to write it. We'll see.

cheers,
-Alan
The Beer Geek

All times are EDT. The time is now 02:06 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content