Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Saturday, April 20 2024 @ 11:57 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Member Of The Day/Week/Month?

Mac Doggy

Anonymous
Has anyone created a block or a snippet of code to insert into a block or something to feature a member of the day or week or month? I need this because I have a clan/team for RTCW(Return To Castle Wolfenstien) and I'm the webmaster and I was looking for one because I kinda wanted to add a little more to the site... http://www.mcdclan.tk

zdog898

Anonymous
The easiest way to do this is to make a normal html block and add the name(s) that way. I have a "People I Like" block on my website, Potentknowledge.com and that is the way I do it. Every month I start the list over and put members on it when they support the site. (like buy something from a sponsor or sign up for an affliate) This concept has seemed to work pretty well. People like seeing their username on the front page, it makes them feel more apart of the site. In return they seem to support the site more then in the past.

It's pretty simple to just go in and update or change the html with a new name. However, if you plan on having it change everyday like a member of the day, this might not be the most efficient way of doing it. It's a good place to start though. Hope that helped!

---
---
"I'll be sober tomorrow, but you'll alwys be ugly."

Anonymous

Anonymous
Some may enjoy seeing their usernames recognized, and it's probably a good idea to do for those supporting your site. But, can't you come up with a better title than "People I Like"? It gave me the impression you all are very young teenagers. If that's the crowd, fine. If it's adults though, I recommend picking something a bit more classy. That one gives off the impression people there are either very young or insecure. This is only meant for constructive feedback not to slam your site.

zdog898

Anonymous
Point well taken. Didn't realize that it may be taken in that context. I wrote it as a somewhat joke for my friends that weren't on the list, a little push for them to support it. I didn't take into account that there are lots of people who surf the site that don't know my personality enough to take that as the way it was meant. Thanks for the feedback.------ "I'll be sober tomorrow, but you'll always be ugly."

Anonymous

Anonymous
I'm a 32 year old man with a PHD and I think "People I like" is just fine.

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:57 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content