Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 18 2024 @ 11:21 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

GL Forum plugin wishlist

muskrat

Forum User
Chatty
O.k., I've installed the GL Forum and I'm thrilled with it. That means it's time to start a discussion of how to improve it! I know, this being open source, that an appropriate response to this would be "change it yourself." and I'm open to that, for those minor things I think I might be capable of changing. So if you want to add a reply of "here's where you'd change that," I think that's appropriate. Or add your own wish list item. Here's mine, just to start things off: When a user clicks on the button to send email to the poster of a forum post, the recipient's email is displayed in the form that comes up. I'd like to have people's email addresses hidden everywhere for privacy, as I believe it is done in most or all of GL. Thanks for all the good work -- this plugin is of huge value and I personally hope it becomes part of the standard installation package.

Anonymous

Anonymous
I haven't downloaded the Forum yet but have tried it on a couple sites. The email feature never displayed the recipient's address. It showed the sender's address (mine).

Anonymous

Anonymous
You are right. Brain damage on my part (muskrat). I saw the "reply to" address, which happened to be the same as the poster, because I was testiing, and I was "replying" to my own post. I wasn't looking closely. So, my first wish has, (ahem) been granted. I'm still curious about that other features would be wished for or implemented.

Ultraphase

Forum User
What I'd like to see is something that doesn't reveal either sender or receiver's email -- email would be "from" a generic geeklog address, with a link to the profile of the sender, so the recipient could reply. I guess what I'm talking about is an e-mail-mediated version of private messages. I like the idea of corresponding with people without revealing my email address, or revealing it if it is my choice to do so.

Anonymous

Anonymous
I would like to see a (configurable) extended registration page to be used on a members-only GL site to populate the Contact Plugin (or something akin to this). Andrew

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:21 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content