Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 25 2024 @ 12:01 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

External Pages Problems

Anonymous

Anonymous
I have installed external pages plugin. I had no errors on install but when trying one of the templates I get the following message: Fatal error: Call to undefined function: sec_externalaccess() in /home/j/e/jerrygreen/public_html/geeklog/geekphphtml.php on line 38 Once installed the only place I can see the externals icon is in the plugin editor but clicking on it does nothing. Should this icon appear somewhere else and if so where? This is driving me round the twist can someone please help?

Anonymous

Anonymous
You need to change this line in your file: require_once('lib-common.php'); to point to whereever your lib-common.php file is located. If it's still under public_html, you can use the relative address (ie require_once('../lib-common.php')) or insert the absolute path to it. SEC_externalAccess is a function inside lib-common.php.

tomw

Forum User
You should have a link under the admin menu to the external pages admin screen. There is not really much there. You can edit the names that show up in stats and make it so that pages that have php are evaluated before being searched. The work goes on behind the scenes. The SEC_externalAccess routine is actually inside functions.inc in the external directory under plugins. It will not be found if you do not have the path to lib-common set. Even if the bare template did work nothing would happen because it is empty. If you need more help just ask. Tom

Anonymous

Anonymous
I am still having problems. I have put the full path in to lib_common.php and still the same error occurs. In the readme file it states: Its best to change the substr($SCRIPT_NAME,1) to the actual file name or relative url here What file is this talking about and what is the exact syntax required in: if (!SEC_externalAccess(substr($SCRIPT_NAME,1))) { I am learning a bit of php very very slowly but this plugin is really beating me. There must be something my pathetic brain can't understand.

tomw

Forum User
If you are sure you have the path to lib-common correct then the only reason that it could not find SEC_externalAccess is if you do not have the plugin installed correctly. When you go to admin does the External Pages admin option show up? If not then you have installation problems. The $SCRIPTNAME variable can be left alone or replaced with the fully qualified name either relative or absolute. Usually you can just leave this alone. If it works you are ok. Some installations do not correctly set the $SCRIPTNAME variable. Feel free to contact me br email for more help. Tom

Anonymous

Anonymous
External pages still does not show in admin block. If I try to uninstall I get the message 'Disable plugin before uninstalling' and 'External Pages (N/A)' appears in the Admin Block but when I select it I get the message '1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax near '' at line 1' and 'External Pages (N/A)' disappears from the Admin Block. When selecting external page based on template I get the message 'Fatal error: Call to undefined function: sec_externalaccess() in /home/j/e/jerrygreen/public_html/geeklog/php.php on line 38' I have files in three directories /geeklog/plugins/external/ contains full extracted structure from tar file. /geeklog/public_html/external/ has images folder and index.php. /geeklog/public_html/admin/plugins/external/ has install.php, index.php and edit.php In my database there is a gl_external table info as follows Table: gl_access Field Type Null Key Default Extra acc_ft_id mediumint(8) PRI acc_grp_id mediumint(8) PRI -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Information for column acc_ft_id: blob: 0 max_length: 2 multiple_key: 0 name: acc_ft_id not_null: 1 numeric: 1 primary_key: 1 table: gl_access type: int unique_key: 0 unsigned: 0 zerofill: 0 Information for column acc_grp_id: blob: 0 max_length: 2 multiple_key: 0 name: acc_grp_id not_null: 1 numeric: 1 primary_key: 1 table: gl_access type: int unique_key: 0 unsigned: 0 zerofill: 0 I am completely lost. This plugin seems to be much more difficult than anything else I have ever installed or am I just stupid and missing something very stupid? Jerry

tomw

Forum User
There is something wrong with your install. To disable the plugin execute this sql command. update gl_plugins set pi_enabled=0 where pi_name='external' This will disable the plugin and allow you to uninstall it. Then get a fresh copy of the plugin and reinstall just in case a file was corrupted. Hope this gets you running -- it shouldn't be this hard. TomW

Anonymous

Anonymous
Done as you said and re-installed for 3rd time still just the same and it was the same on 1.3.6. Is this one plugin I will just have to admit is too complicated for me to get working? The error log for uninstall and install all appears OK Sat Jan 4 21:46:27 2003 - Attempting to unregister the external plugin from Geeklog Sat Jan 4 21:46:27 2003 - Removing Table gl_external Sat Jan 4 21:46:27 2003 - Removing external Admin Group Sat Jan 4 21:46:27 2003 - Removing root users from admin of external Sat Jan 4 21:46:27 2003 - Removing external.admin feature and rights to it Sat Jan 4 21:46:27 2003 - ...success Sat Jan 4 22:22:53 2003 - Attempting to install the external Plugin Sat Jan 4 22:22:53 2003 - Creating external table Sat Jan 4 22:22:53 2003 - Success - Created external table Sat Jan 4 22:22:53 2003 - Attempting to create external admin group Sat Jan 4 22:22:53 2003 - ...success Sat Jan 4 22:22:53 2003 - About to save group_id to vars table for use during uninstall Sat Jan 4 22:22:53 2003 - ...success Sat Jan 4 22:22:53 2003 - Adding external.admin feature Sat Jan 4 22:22:53 2003 - Success Sat Jan 4 22:22:53 2003 - Adding external.admin feature to admin group Sat Jan 4 22:22:53 2003 - Success Sat Jan 4 22:22:53 2003 - Attempting to give all users in Root group access to external admin group Sat Jan 4 22:22:53 2003 - Registering external plugin with Geeklog Sat Jan 4 22:22:53 2003 - Succesfully installed the external Plugin!

tomw

Forum User
Do you by chance have an early version of my stats plugin installed? An early version had a bug which would only allow 4 plugins to be active. If so just get a newer version or just the functions.inc from CVS on gplugs. If that is not the case, I am at a loss also. TomW

Anonymous

Anonymous
It worked thankyou Tom. I had not noticed stats had gone from 1.0_1.3.6 to 1.1_1.3.6. I only read the 1.3.6. great thanks for all the help. Installing this plugin has taken me about 30 working hours is that a record.

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:01 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content