Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 18 2024 @ 02:47 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Menu Plug-in 1.0

tomw

Forum User
I pleased to announce the release of my Menu Plug-in Version 1.0. Basically it includes the ability to :
  • Consolidate Sections/Admin/User block into one block along with user defined menu options.
  • Ablility to add section seperators
  • Completely Security aware so that each user can have a custom menu
  • User Customizable
It is a plugin so that it can present both admin and user customization interfaces and requires no editing of Geeklog files.

You can see what it will looks like at The Pigstye.

You can get it here Menu_1.0_1.3.6.tar.gz.

Enjoy

Tom

Anonymous

Anonymous
Afraid I get a Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in /usr/home/mysite/public_html/admin/plugins/menu/install.php on line 88 on install, It sounds like a great plugin for consistent design aspects though so please help.

tomw

Forum User
Oops sorry, thought I have fixed that. An updated version with the fix is on the site now. Tom

daeve

Forum User
Installed the earlier version and got the error about line 88. By that time you had posted the corrected version and I uploaded it and everything worked fine. Untill I restarted my machine here (not the remote server). Now I get the message: " You are illegally trying access one of the Menu administration pages. Please note that all attempts to illegally access this page are logged including user name and IP address." when I try to access the menu editor. I was and am logged in as Admin when trying to access this. Do I need to remove and try to reinstall the plugin or is this a configuration error on my part? Like it much! Just need to make some changes ;-) Daeve

Anonymous

Anonymous
Cool, got it working now thanks. Now I presume that all the links are displayed in the format of useroption.thtml, that's much better.

daeve

Forum User
Bit of an update. Tried it with Netscape (Running linux and had been using Konqueror) but have the same message. Went to the install.php page and uninstalled it then reinstalled and still get the same error. So do I need to remove all the files and folders and do it all again or is there another fix here? TIA Daeve

tomw

Forum User
You found the second bug -- the version on the website is fixed or you can edit the top of admin/plugins/menu/index.php and change the part that reads if (!SEC_hasRights('contact.admin')) to if (!SEC_hasRights('menu.admin')) Sorry Tom

tomw

Forum User
Yes all the links now use useroption.thtml except the divider lines and they use plugins/menu/templates/menubar.thtml. I could not get useroption.thtml to work like I wanted for the divider lines. Tom

daeve

Forum User
Got it! Thanks! Daeve

twistedfreak

Forum User
Junior
Thanks alot, I like it - testing it out at the moment. Is it possible to separate the username and password form so it's in it's own block?

tomw

Forum User
Sure you can include or exclude any of the three blocks stories, user, and admin by including or excluding them from the list. You can change the order in which they appear just as you would if they were blocks by changing their order number. You did notice that you can change multiple items and save them all at once. If you want to exclude the user logon menu and include the regular user menu after they login then that would take some work. You would have to use permissions to display the logon block to anonymous users and hide the user portion of the menu display and then switch those permissions for logged in users so that the user block was not displayed, but it was included in the menu. If you use the permissions you can combine the menu plugin and blocks in creative ways. Tom

tomw

Forum User
I liked the idea of displaying the user block when someone was not logged in and displaying the user menu when they are logged in, so I implemented it on my site. Tom

Anonymous

Anonymous
Of course, that's easier than I thought it would be. That's great, thanks alot.

All times are EDT. The time is now 02:47 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content