Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 25 2024 @ 06:10 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Email to Sections

Filipino

Forum User
Chatty
I want to convert most of the sites in our group to GL but one thing is holding me up. Our sites are mainly news orientated and I need a plugin that will enable me to email a news item direct into individual sections of the installation. I have this on GForum and when posting many items it saves a great deal of time. The plugin needs to select which section through Sendmail alias, like listserv and majordomo do. The subject would the title, larger items would have a break <!break here> to split the item. Has anyone got such a plugin.

Tony

Site Admin
Admin
No, and this seems to come up from time to time. There are a number of open source packages that do this and we'd love to see someone adapt this concept to Geeklog. Us developers are knee deep in GL2 development so resources are spread thin. Be sure to put this in our feature tracker and that way this doesn't get lost by the wayside.---The reason people blame things on previous generations is that there's only one other choice.
The reason people blame things on previous generations is that there's only one other choice.

Filipino

Forum User
Chatty
Wouldn't have a clue where to start - good luck on v2. Wayne

mbrooks717

Anonymous
I was thinking of trying to get this running. Anyone got any suggestions on where to start looking? Marc

emagin

Forum User
Regular Poster
Not sure exactly what you need yet, but I think this is a great place to start:

Hotscripts Mailing List tools PHP
Interesting one called Triangle Newsletter publisher

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:10 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content