Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, April 24 2024 @ 03:40 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Contact Plugin v 1.0 released

tomw

Forum User
I have completed version 1.0 of my Geeklog Contact plugin. This is the first of several plugins I have planned. These plugins have a little different audience in mind that most of the Geeklog plugins and blocks, they are aimed at using Geeklog as a corporate portal.

Now on to the Contact Plugin, it features a many to many relationship between people and companies. It is a true plugin developed for Geeklog 1.3.6, even though it should work on earlier versions. See below for features and download info:

Geeklog Contact Plugin v 1.0 Features:

• Many to Many relationship between people and companies: This allows one person to be associated with several companies and one company to be associated with several individuals.
  • Multiple views: You can view and search contacts in either a compact or full view. The compact view is configurable by the user.
  • Built in print view.
  • Sortable and Seachable: Built in sorting and searching of contacts.
  • Highly configurable: On both a site wide and individual level.
  • Completely Geeklog Permission aware: Each contact record fully uses the Geeklog Security model. The site admin can determine whether or not anonymous users can view contacts.
  • Integrated into the Geeklog Menu System: On user and site wide level.
  • Integrated help system.
  • Web based administration for all common options. The site admin will only have to edit the config file for major customization. The site admin can change ownership of individual contacts from the web interface.

Installation is simple -- no modifications to your Geeklog system are required. Just put the files in their correct places and run the install script.

You can get it here:
Contact_1.0_1.3.6.tar.gz

Or view the README.

The latest version will always be available at my website The Pigstye

Enjoy

Tom Willett

efarmboy

Forum User
Tom, This sounds great. I went to your site hoping to see it. Any chance you can enable it for public viewing? Blaine

tomw

Forum User
Sure I will put a couple of dummy entires in and make anonymous access available.

efarmboy

Forum User
Nice job Tom... As your comments say, this is a good application for an Intranet but surely will it also suit other GL applications as well - Nice addition. I was wondering what your functionality you have planned for this plugin and if they included: - Able to read from LDAP like AD? - User defineable fields and notes Blaine

Anonymous

Anonymous
I got the following warning when I try to add or edit a contact. I could'nt figure out what was wrong. Please help. Warning: Wrong datatype for first argument in call to in_array in /path to public_html/contact/edit.php on line 371 Thanks, Sam

tomw

Forum User
This was a problem that only showed up in a small percentage of systems (yours is only the 3rd I have heard about), but that I finally traced down and fixed, with the help of others. Get the latest version (1.1) from <a href="http://www.pigstye.net/download.php"> my website The Pigstye</a> which fixes this a couple of other issues. Tom PS I only released it yesterday. I will upload it here after I get some feedback on how it works for people.

legacyb4

Forum User
Contact 1.x allows a registered user to create a user contact list of their own contacts. Is there a similar plugin that would allow me to provide registered user with similar functionality for users on a geeklog-driven site? Something a little more powerful than the "simple user list" that is mentioned on this site... Cheers.

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:40 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content