Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 18 2024 @ 01:36 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Opening links in a static page

Anonymous

Anonymous
Hello, Does anybody know if it is possible to open a link in the same window of a staticpage. I want the opened link to open within the page for example if I link to geeklog .com it now opens a complete new window I want it to open within my site does that makle sense?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Hmm, not sure I can follow ... When you use something like <a href="http://www.geeklog.net">Geeklog Homepage</a> in your static page, that would not open in a new window (unless you add target="_blank"Wink. The links from the links section do open in a new window, though. And, honestyl, I don't like that either ... bye, Dirk

knuckles

Forum User
Chatty
Yes it is. But it requires a minor workaround. In order for me to show you how to do this I need to direct you to a Static Page.

Please click here.

etegration

Forum User

knuckles

Forum User
Chatty
No. The point - I believe - is to show subsequent links wrapped in his Geeklog site. Using _top means it replaces the entire page and you lose the viewer to that site (they may not come back). The tip I posted below allows you to link to another site and show the contents of that site "within" your Geeklog site. Basically it's like treating any external site as a Static Page within Geeklog. But I may be wrong, maybe he does want to simply link pages to _top. Knuckles

Anonymous

Anonymous
Thank you for this suggestion - I tried it on my site (using your exact code - for trial purposes did not change the links) and found that it works correctly on IE6, comes up with the "Appears that your site does not support inline frames" message in Netscape 4.08 and does not show anything at all in Netscape 6. Is there any coding that will work across all browsers? Or at least, allow for option 2 to appear in different versions of Netscape? Many thanks

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:36 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content