Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 01:59 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Fatal Error

John

Anonymous
Hello, First I want to say you have a great site & portal system! Second I\'m experimenting with different php programs. Currently I have phpbb installed as the main system (so far). After a few days of playing around with the Config paths I still can\'t get geeklog to work! I must be missing some step. When I go to the install page I put that I want a new database and where geeklog is located. Then I click next and I get this error: Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: database in /usr/local/ftp/www/www.kurkova.com/htdocs/GK/system/lib-database.php on line 112 Thanks for any help! - John

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Hmm, is this really the first error message you get? I would expect another error, probably about not being able to find a file, before that one ...

bye, Dirk

John

Anonymous
The other error I get is this: Fatal error: Failed opening required \'classes/timer.class.php\' (include_path=\'.:/usr/local/lib/php\') in /usr/local/ftp/www/www.kurkova.com/htdocs/GK/public_html/lib-common.php on line 101 Those are the only errors I seem to be getting.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Okay, you have a problem with your path settings.

From the error messages, I'd say you should have

$_CONF['path'] = '/usr/local/ftp/www/www.kurkova.com/htdocs/GK/';

See if that works. And if not, please post what you have for $_CONF['path'].

bye, Dirk

John

Anonymous
Yep, I screwed up the path with to many \"www\"s but I changed it and that did it... Thanks!

Milfson

Anonymous
confused
Quote by John: Yep, I screwed up the path with to many \"www\"s but I changed it and that did it... Thanks!
OK ... so I have same problem. At first I got two messages. I checked my setting of paths, I set them correctly and now I have error that script can\'t instantiate class database. So I traced with echos start and end of script mysql.class.php and class was loaded OK. I don\'t understand what is wrong, script with class could be loaded. I work with it one hour and I didn\'t find a way how to solve it. Confused Thanks for help Wink

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:59 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content