Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, March 29 2024 @ 04:36 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Geeky Girl Architects

missarchy

Forum User
Junior
Installing and tweaking Geeklog has been a great learning experience for me - I knew nothing about PHP when I started, but now have Geeklog up and running! There are still a few tweaks to be tweaked, but I am extremely happy with it overall.

I'm pleased to announce that Miss Archy.com, "The place for young women in architecture", is geeked!

vbgunz

Forum User
I've got to compliment your sites theme... very nicely done. Good job and good luck Smile---Victor B. Gonzalez
Victor B. Gonzalez -
http://aeonserv.com

squatty

Forum User
Yeah, I second that!---Danny @ squatty.com
In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?

Anonymous

Anonymous
Thanks to both of you for the compliments Smile Also, thanks to everyone who helped answer my questions along the way!

missarchy

Forum User
Junior
oops...forgot to log in for that last post... Smile

Anonymous

Anonymous
You have a very nice site. I'm curious what percentage of architects are women today? I also went into a non-traditional field myself. When I started off, we didn't have female mentors or support sites like yours. I wish we had had them, but there was no robust internet back then as we know and enjoy today. Unfortunately, the glass ceiling still exists, but it's been pushed quite a bit higher. After not succeeding in moving it up even more, some of us older timers are opting to just leave the corp world and start our own companies instead.

missarchy

Forum User
Junior
Thank you Smile I don't know any of the very recent statistics, but in 2000 about 13% of registered architects were women, and about 35% of architecture students were women (both numbers are on the rise).

missarchy

Forum User
Junior
excited
Just thought I\'d mention that I\'ve created a new theme for my site, if anyone wants to check it out Big Grin I don\'t think I\'ll be releasing it to the public anytime soon, mainly because it\'s so highly tweaked/customized to work with my site specifically Smile It\'s great that so much can be done to customize Geeklog, beyond simply changing colors Smile

tangent

Anonymous
I assume I\'m not your target audience, being a male who is not involved with the architecture industry (and perhaps because I am using a mozilla based browser on Linux), but the fonts on your site are way to small to be legible. Luckily it\'s easy to increase the font size on web pages with mozilla (ctrl+) but doing so breaks the page layout. Just thought I would mention it. Decent design otherwise, but I wouldn\'t stick around if it\'s too much trouble to read the content.

noke

Forum User
Chatty
excellent Big Grin

I love the theme Wink
http://www.worldclubdjs.com

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:36 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content