Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 12:56 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Freezer Burn is geeked

vdanen

Anonymous

Well, I just (as of about ten minutes ago) converted Freezer Burn from a phpweblog 0.5.0 site to a GeekLog 1.3.1 site. I'm really pleased as GeekLog gives me more of the features I was looking for and it's much easier to customize (although I am looking for a way to include something in the footer template that will only show up on the index page only (some webring stuff). Any ideas?

At any rate, I wrote a phpweblog to geeklog converter script and you can download it from here (just rename it to .php, edit it, and off you go).

Tony

Site Admin
Admin
Great job! This is a huge move for Geeklog. If any of you follow the various Nukes, you'll notice they have a number of converters out there including, sadly enough, one for Geeklog. It's nice to see things come full circle for Geeklog...now I'm waiting for the first brave sould to write the PHPNuke/PostNuke converters ;-) --Tony
The reason people blame things on previous generations is that there's only one other choice.

Tony

Site Admin
Admin
You could put an "if" in the COM_siteFooter that checks to make sure that PHP_SELF is index.php and, optionally, that $page and $topic variables are empty. The if would looking something like: if ($PHP_SELF == '/index.php' AND ($page == 1 OR empty($PAGE)) AND empty($topic)) { //Put webring code here } That that might work?
The reason people blame things on previous generations is that there's only one other choice.

vdanen

Anonymous
Could I do this in footer.thtml itself, do you think? I'm not too familiar with OOP php, like you use, so I'm not sure how to set it in the $footer variable. But maybe I'll try putting it in footer.thtml somehow... I much prefer not messing with the geeklog code directly just so there are less headaches on upgrading (ie. i modified much of the phpweblog code and found that it would make the upgrade that much more painful).

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:56 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content