Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, April 23 2024 @ 02:02 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

batch import mime type error

Anonymous

Anonymous
Hello, Since upgrading, and after reading about others having problems w/ mime types and image uploading , I am unable to batch import users. I use .txt extension for my user files, should I use something else? I added 'text/plain'=>'.txt' to the $upload->setAllowedMimeTypes part on line 483 in usersettings.php, still no... but then again, that is for userphotos... I am in dire need of this to work, any help will be greatly appreciated.

Tony

Site Admin
Admin
You need that mime type to the code in http://www.yourgeeklogdomain.com/admin/user.php. That is the admin screen that uses the upload class. I'd be really surprised if that mime-type isn't already supported by the code. You could be dealing with a firewall issue.---The reason people blame things on previous generations is that there's only one other choice.
The reason people blame things on previous generations is that there's only one other choice.

Anonymous

Anonymous
Hey, thanks for the quick reply - but, to no avail. admin/user.php does have a specific line which designates to allow text/plain mimetype, but this is the error I receive once I click the import button: ERRORS Mime type, text/plain, not in list of allowed mime types Is this reproducable for anybody else? This is a fresh install of 1.3.7sr2 and all I'm doing is trying to batch import a .txt file of 10 or so users. The system running the gl installation isn't firewalled.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
This is actually a bug ... Since Geeklog 1.3.7sr2, the setAllowedMimeTypes() functions has to use MIME type / extension pairs. So change that line to read $upload->setAllowedMimeTypes(array('text/plain'=>'.txt')); and try again. This has been overlooked when preparing the 1.3.7sr2 release. Sorry about that ... bye, Dirk

Anonymous

Anonymous
you the man. Thanks.

The Dude

Anonymous
Please help. Is it user.php or usersettings.php? Can\'t find the code you mention in user.php. Thanks.

thedude

Forum User
Regular Poster
Hi Gang.. I\'m having same issue when I tried to upload the batch for new users this is the error I got: Mime type, text/plain, not in list of allowed mime types Brand new installation of 1.3.7sr2 and pardon my ignorance being a novice geeker but can anyone help? I\'ve checked and followed the comment Dirk made on this link to no avail. http://www.geeklog.net/forum/viewtopic.php?forum=3&showtopic=18488 I\'ve modified the usersettings.php to allow text/plain to no avail. I can\'t find user.php per link suggested to be modified with the new tag. Any other thought? Please help. Thanks. TD

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
The file in question is in the admin directory, i.e. admin/user.php. bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 02:02 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content