Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, March 29 2024 @ 04:43 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Bad Request Error on Site

Anonymous

Anonymous
http://www.nans.us/admin/topic.php?mode=edit&tid=Money Tips for Tight is the URL that is getting this....Bad Request Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand. The request line contained invalid characters following the protocol string. Apache/1.3.27 Server at 207.106.22.102:80 Port 80

I Don't Know How To Delete The Topic

The site won't let me do it from the Admin Topics section. Please advise. Thank you. www.Nan.s US

Thank you in advance.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Well, when you create a topic it clearly says that you should not include spaces in the topic id (although Geeklog should really check this ...). The best thing to do is probably to dive into the database and change the topic id there (e.g. replace the space with a '-'). bye, Dirk

Anonymous

Anonymous
Is that a dash like - or is that a ' and then a dash and a '. I just want to be clear. Also...How would I Dive into the database? Thanks

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Just a minus sign (if you prefer that name) - without the quotes. With "diving into the database" I was suggesting to use phpMyAdmin or MySQL from the command line. If you can't get to the topic administration screen, then there's nothing else you can do from within Geeklog ... bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:43 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content