Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 01:35 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Adding links to User Functions menu

doopisdotnet

Forum User
Chatty
Hopefully you can hlep (sorry if this is a repeat of another discussion!)

How do I add someting to the USER FUNCTIONS menu? What File(s) am I looking for?

How do I change 'Acount Information' to 'Edit Profile' - again, which file(s) am I editing here? And last which file is the email which gets sent to new useres (with the temp pswd)?? Thank you Geeklog! -Christian

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
To add links to the User Functions block, you will need to write a plugin. The text "Account Information" is in the language file (english.php). You will also find the text for the registration email there. bye, Dirk

doopisdotnet

Forum User
Chatty
Hi, if i wanted to add a "Male or Female" drop down menu in the user profile (/users.php?mode=profile&uid=x) could I simply add a line of text to coincide with the language file? ---------- $LANG28 = array( 1 => "User Editor", 34 => 'Error: You must specify a file to upload.' 35 => 'Select One: M / F' ); ---------- If i do something like this then call for it from profile.thtml and the other files needed will it add this new field to the DB or do I have to do that manually? thank you, -Christian

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:35 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content