Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Saturday, April 20 2024 @ 12:51 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Geeklog 1.3.7 - Gallery 1.3.3 user problem

scotsman19

Forum User
Help!!!
I have recently reinstalled my geeklog/gallery combination and just can't get a break. I am having as much trouble today as I did last year when I put the whole thing up to begin with.

After several reinstalls and re-application of the patch files (from gplugs.com, etc? I tried to find the latest ones with all files included.) I have Gallery wrapped and I'm not getting any error messages.

The problem I am having is that I can't get Gallery to pick up or use my Geeklog users. When I click on the gallery link I added, it kicks over and wants me to log in again.
However, if I click a link to any other part of the page I am still logged in. This goes for all users.I have tried applying all patches I could find and have added the cookie fix for when logging out of geeklog doesn't log you out of gallery too.
I did get partial authentication once when I try to route it through my public_html folder via a symlink, but even that didn't really work right and I can't seem to duplicate it.
I have read through everthing I could find on geeklog.net and squatty.com among others.

Does anyone have suggestions on why this is and preferably how to fix it? I love the GL/Gallery combination, but the integration is driving me nuts! Thanks for any help!!

vinny

Site Admin
Admin
I've never heard of the "added the cookie fix". Could you post a link to it? That might be (at least part) of your problem, though I'd have to see the code to know. When installing the gallery-geeklog integration I'd suggest taking your time and reading the instructions carefully. Missing a single step of the integration procedure will fubar it. -Vinny

scotsman19

Forum User
I may have referred to the cookie problem improperly..., but here is the link to the thread with the fix. http://www.geeklog.net/article.php?story=200210062008532. I did have this problem during the time when I had partial user functionality with gallery.

I have read through the intructions thoroughly. I have tried the file copy method and I have tried the manual install method, repeatedly. I can't figure out where/why it is not grabbing my GL users. I am willing to try it again, but I am getting rather tired of reinstalling Gallery and applying the updates with no success...I just keep ending up at the same point, so maybe I will take a break and try to hit with a fresh set of eyes a bit later.

TechFan

Forum User
Thanks for pointing that "cookie"/session solution out. I have been wondering about getting the gallery session to end correctly. I have made corrections to my updated readme and I will make sure they get updated in the actual manual integration instructions by squatty/vinny or myself if squatty gives me access to the cvs for that (still need to write and ask him). As far as you current issue. I wish I had an easy solution for you. If you are using groups to assign permissions, make sure you get the newest readme from the cvs for the geeklog-gallery integration. http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/gplugs/geeklog-gallery/ I posted this comment on the missing logic for group checking in the manual install instructions: http://gplugs.sourceforge.net/article.php?story=20030521060251897 Get on the IRC channel sometime and if I am on, maybe I can help you out. It should be working because I am even using gallery 1.3.4 RC2 right now and the integration is working fine. Hope you get it working.

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:51 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content