Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, March 29 2024 @ 10:59 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Error

Anonymous

Anonymous
Does anybody know what to do about this error. Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/ckier/system/databases/mysql.class.php on line 104 Cannnot connect to DB server Thnaks in advance, Chris Kiernan

swanny

Anonymous
You'll have to figure out whether or not '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' exists or not, if it doesn't exist you'll have to figure out where mysql is configured to create it's socket file. Once you do that you can create a symlink in /var/lig/mysql/ to point to the actual socket file. The other option is to reconfigure mysql to create the socket file in /var/lib/mysql/.

ndarlow

Forum User
Junior
Find the location of your mysql.sock file and put it into the $_DB_host variable of config.php. For my system, which places mysql.sock in /tmp/, the following is needed: $_DB_host = 'localhost:/tmp/mysql.sock'; There is no need to create a symlink from mysql.sock to where Geeklog thinks it should be. Regards, Neil Darlow M.Sc.

Arthur

Anonymous
I don't have a mysql.sock file anywhere on my hard disk. It's supposed to be in /tmp/mysql.sock

I got that error ever since we had a power outage. Can I just create a file and then reboot? That doesn't seem to work for me. How exactly do you recreate the socket?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Make sure MySQL is actually running.

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:59 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content