Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, April 24 2024 @ 07:43 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Install run and completed. Index page can't getDB

qwikstreet

Forum User
Junior
All the MySQL tables are made. However, when I go to index.php I get: Fatal error: Call to undefined function: db_getitem() in /home/drinking/public_html/index.php on line 54 Line 54 on that file is: if (DB_getItem ($_TABLES['gl_plugins'], 'pi_enabled', "pi_name = 'staticpages'"Wink == 1) {

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Is this the first error you're getting? No parse errors or "header already sent" or any other messages before that? DB_getItem() is defined in system/lib-database.php, so I can only assume it doesn't find that file. bye, Dirk

qwikstreet

Forum User
Junior
It's listed in there the lib file. On line 73 0f it it has: $_TABLES['plugins'] = $_DB_table_prefix . 'plugins';

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Err, excuse me? I know where the plugins table is defined, but I was asking for something else ... bye, Dirk

qwikstreet

Forum User
Junior
i knew you and others knew where it was. I just posted it in the ticket trying to give as much info as I could. Pard me for trying. Maybe it would be beter if I write: Me install. it don't work. Get error. Can you help? (As I drag my knuckles across the floor.) So, what were you trying to refer to? Or is this beneath answering now?

qwikstreet

Forum User
Junior
Do you mean these lines in the lib file: (line 225-234) function DB_getItem($table,$what,$selection='') { if (!empty($selection)) { $result = DB_query("SELECT $what FROM $table WHERE $selection"Wink; } else { $result = DB_query("SELECT $what FROM $table"Wink; } $ITEM = DB_fetchArray($result); return $ITEM[0]; }

qwikstreet

Forum User
Junior
Just trying to get an understanding of why it couldn't find file/ function. I didn't remove or change and directory order from the tar file I downloaded from here. File structure, layout, and config.php are exact to older versions of GL I am running.

Anonymous

Anonymous
You still didn't answer Dirk's questions: Is this the first error you're getting? No parse errors or "header already sent" or any other messages before that?

If you are getting any other errors please post them. If you are not, what plugins do you have installed?

qwikstreet

Forum User
Junior
In my first comment to this thread I did go on to mention that I had an error trying to install and I mentioned it was posted in this help section just a little bit ago. About 4-5 threads earlier. I finally noticed that information did not publish with the first comment. It happened in my last post as well. It looks like comments are limited to ammount of characters.

qwikstreet

Forum User
Junior
My earlier article today was titled "Installing new Geeklog site, parse error in lib-common" This was an error on an install attempt, no sql tables were created. Parse error: parse error, unexpected '<' in /home/drinking/public_html/lib-common.php on line 2664 How I bypassed this was by deleting some index.php lines I someone posted earlier on this subject. I beleive Dirk, not sure.

qwikstreet

Forum User
Junior
Oh, and also. I have not added any extra scripts at this time. This is a fresh clean install using the 1.3.7r version that was just released.

qwikstreet

Forum User
Junior
One more item. The lines that I removed in index.php to resolve those '<','<" erros was listed in rawdate's reply: http://www.geeklog.net/article.php?story=20030308155537101

rawdata

Forum User
Deleting those lines was only meant to help stop the infinite refresh loop someone else in that thread was experiencing. Since you got a parse error in the middle of lib-common.php, that's usually an indication your file is corrupted. I recommend you go back to the tarball and get a brand new copy of lib-common.php plus index.php and upload them to your server and see if that fixes the problem. If not, post what error message you get after doing this.

qwikstreet

Forum User
Junior
Ok rawdate, you hooked me up twice so far today. I know get some usual error suspects when I view the index page. This one is a new one I didn't see yet: Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/drinking/config.php:448) in /home/drinking/system/lib-sessions.php on line 163 I'll be looking into this, unless rawdata knows this as well.

rawdata

Forum User
That one means you have extra spaces or lines either above the <?php or below the ?> in your config.php file. It could also mean the file has some stray characters in it, but the most common cause of that error message is extra spaces and blank lines. So, look for those first and delete them.

qwikstreet

Forum User
Junior
yeah thanks. I looked it up and seen you mention it before. The config file had like 5 lines.

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:43 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content