Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, March 29 2024 @ 03:19 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Help with file management Install

pabell

Forum User
Junior
I am running GL 1.3.6 and installed filemangement 1.2. Everything seemed to install okhowever I try to add a category and they dont show up, and If I add a sub category i get the following message: 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax near ' 'wap', '')' at line 1 I am still fairly new at this if someone could assist me please contact me pabell@mobilzation.com Best Regards

fimi

Forum User
looks like to me that you are trying to set a name with sigle quotes!

Anonymous

Anonymous
what?????? I'm typing in wap just as you see it nothing else

pabell

Forum User
Junior
no i'm not using any such qoutes i am typing in wap as you see it

Anonymous

Anonymous
What is the rest of the SQL call for that line? Does your Geeklog logs show any errors?

Blaine

Forum User
You are probally getting the SQL error when you are creating a sub-category with no categories existing. I assume the sub-category you were trying to add was called wap

It would still be good to find out what the complete SQL error message is - from you error.log

Now - what happens when you try to create a new top level category - are there no errors at all?

Have you used the distributed language file or made modifications?

Geeklog components by PortalParts -- www.portalparts.com

pabell

Forum User
Junior
ok I can add a top level category without errors only only meaning it doesnt show up in the pull down list after I try to add a second level category and click add I get the following message: 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax near ' 'wap', '')' at line 1 and as far as I know the person who installed it, my geeklog webguy used it out of the box so to speak

Blaine

Forum User
It's been asked twice now in our replies. Please quote the full SQL error from the error.log file and not the partial one that is displayed. It makes it harder to help.

This problem is hard to understand since your not getting an error when you add the category - your just not seeing it listed when you go to add a sub category. I assume it also does not appear in the display - file listing or when you try to add a file.

I may need admin access to your geeklog site to see this as I've never heard of this one before. If your interested - create an account for me and send me the details.

Blaine

Anonymous

Anonymous
I just figured out what you meant about the error.log I assumed you meant what was on the screen. please forgive me. my bad

pabell

Forum User
Junior
Here is the error.log you requested. ---error.log start--------- for sat may 24 and sun may 25------ Sat May 24 05:05:56 2003 - 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax near ' 'wap', '')' at line 1 SQL in question: INSERT INTO gl_filemgmt_category (pid, title, imgurl) VALUES (, 'wap', '') Sat May 24 05:06:06 2003 - 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax near '' at line 1 SQL in question: SELECT pid, title, imgurl FROM gl_filemgmt_category WHERE cid= Sat May 24 05:12:53 2003 - 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax near ' 'wap', '')' at line 1 SQL in question: INSERT INTO gl_filemgmt_category (pid, title, imgurl) VALUES (, 'wap', '') Sat May 24 10:55:24 2003 - 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax near ' '"wap"', '')' at line 1 SQL in question: INSERT INTO gl_filemgmt_category (pid, title, imgurl) VALUES (, '"wap"', '') Sun May 25 12:43:54 2003 - 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax near ' 'bess', '')' at line 1 SQL in question: INSERT INTO gl_filemgmt_category (pid, title, imgurl) VALUES (, 'bess', '') Sun May 25 14:10:47 2003 - 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax near ' 'telecom software', '')' at line 1 SQL in question: INSERT INTO gl_filemgmt_category (pid, title, imgurl) VALUES (, 'telecom software', '') ---error.log start--------- for sat may 24 and sun may 25------

Blaine

Forum User
Well I can see from the SQL that the value for PID (parent ID) is blank - not there. There may be need for additional logic to check for this but I can't understand how your not able to create a top level category. Can you set me up with site access and phpmyadmin access ?

Blaine

Forum User
I can duplicate this error if: I install clean and then try to create a sub category without selecting or having any main categories created. Are you trying to add a main category and sub category at the same time? Add the Main category first - submit that and verify it is added. Sorry if I'm explaining something you know Wink Blaine

pabell

Forum User
Junior
blaine, I do create the top level category and click add, then I try to create the second level and click add, I get the error message and the first category does not show up to boot. email me directly, so we can discuss the admin access. I may want to learn how to install this myself. with your latest build heck thats the only way I am going to learn.

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:19 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content