Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 19 2024 @ 10:25 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Internal Server Error

Leita

Forum User
Chatty
Hi there! I ran a search on this particular error and could not find the information I was looking for. The other day, I moved over 100+ files to my site. (story submissions / copy and paste) I went in and change the Authors and noticed there were symbols, such as &2345 in place of an apostrophe. (I did run a search on apostrophe and could only find forum information.) I can easily remedy this by going in and editing all the files by selecting HTML Format, but I am getting these two errors: 500 Internal Server Error The server has encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. and... The page cannot be displayed There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please try the following: Open the www.theveil.org home page, and then look for links to the information you want. Click the Refresh button, or try again later. Click Search to look for information on the Internet. You can also see a list of related sites. HTTP 500 - Internal server error Internet Explorer Any advice you could offer would be appreciated. I don't know if this is my server or something I may have done wrong... I have verified all blank spaces after php coding has been deleted. Thanks!

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
It's not clear from your description when exactly you're getting these errors. Does it happen when you try to save the page? I would assume that you're seeing entities (&2345) because those apostrophes in the original document were really accent characters. Replacing them with proper apostrophes should fix that. bye, Dirk

Leita

Forum User
Chatty
okay thanks. I see the server errors when I click on any link. (forum, section link, read more) it's almost as if the server is timing out.. but I can hit refresh and it will be fine. It only happens sometimes, but often enough to aggravate.

Leita

Forum User
Chatty
Hi there. I’m currently using MySQL 3.23.49 and still getting the 500 internal server error. Any ideas on things I can try? It can be any link I click on. It happens daily for me and some of my other users. Sometimes the error will display ever so often and sometimes they’ll several times in a row. Here’s the link: The Veil

Thank you!

Anonymous

Anonymous
I think your problem is server side. Why don't you complain to your host about those errors? I use shared hosting too. The only times I have ever received 500 errors are when the server is experiencing hardware or software problems or there is excessive traffic on the server.

Leita

Forum User
Chatty
ahh okay - thought I may have screwed up a file or something ,p I'll report it and get some feedback. Thanks ,)

mark

Anonymous
check or set the ff: inside public_html only
file permissions to 0644
folder permissions to 0755

thanks Big Grin

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:25 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content