Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 25 2024 @ 12:08 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Neophyte Blocking

Anonymous

Anonymous
I'm currently doing some editing on my site. I will admit that I'm a html guru, and am having problems with the tables in blockheader.dhtml I've finally got the design down, but am having problems with the content staying within the tables. Is there a specific arrangement that must be followed that I'm missing. I've tried cutting pasting different pieces of code, but nothing is very detailed on how the text comes in. I've really tried to solve this on my own but am really in a jam. All comments, even RTFM would be appreciated....ciao

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Well, it would help if you could give some more details or show an example. If you're talking about the blockheader / blockfooter template files - there's really nothing special about them. Geeklog simply squeezes the block content between these two. So you shouldn't need to use any tables for these. In theory, blockheader.thtml could simply contain a <p> and blockfooter could hold the corresponding </p>. Blocks are held in place with the leftblocks.thtml and rightblocks.thtml files. Stories, on the other hand, don't use the blockheader / blockfooter templates at all. Instead, they have their own template files (storytext.thtml and storybodytext.thtml) and they are usually held in place with a table that starts in header.thtml and closes in footer.thtml. Hope that helps ... bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:08 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content