Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 05:45 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

database error

syphon

Anonymous
i get this error in index.php Warning: Access denied for user: 'syphon@127.0.0.1' (Using password: YES) in C:skin4geeklog-1.3.6systemdatabasesmysql.class.php on line 104 Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Access denied for user: 'syphon@127.0.0.1' (Using password: YES) in C:skin4geeklog-1.3.6systemdatabasesmysql.class.php on line 104 Cannnot connect to DB server In my config file there is:// To get Geeklog up and running, you need to make sure the settings in the // following sections are correct: // + DATABASE SETTINGS // + SERVER SETTINGS // + SITE SETTINGS // You can adjust the other settings once your site is up and running. // +---------------------------------------------------------------------------+ // | DATABASE SETTINGS | // | | // | These settings tell Geeklog about your database and how to connect to it. | // +---------------------------------------------------------------------------+ $_DB_dbms = 'mysql'; // Do not change (currently, only MySQL is supported) $_DB_host = 'localhost'; $_DB_name = 'geeklog'; // Yes, your DB must exist before running the installer! $_DB_user = 'syphon'; $_DB_pass = 'mypassword'; $_DB_table_prefix = 'gl_'; // e.g. 'gl_' I just fill in db users and db pass, but i dont know how to use it with database.? can someone help

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
So does a MySQL user named "syphon" exist and does it have the proper permissions on the database? bye, Dirk

syphon

Anonymous
the user name exists but i dont know how to give it permission to the database? And i'm running a apache server, does the database itself need to be on that server or not?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
The MySQL server doesn't have anything to do with Apache. It can run on the same machine, but it can also run on another machine. To grant permissions to a MySQL user, you need to log in to MySQL as the (MySQL) root user and do this: GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON database_name TO user@host IDENTIFIED BY 'password'; FLUSH PRIVILEGES; (replacing the lowercase bits with the actual names / values). bye, Dirk

Anonymous

Anonymous
Where do i have to type it? sorry i'm a newbie in it Smile in the my.ini Setup?

vbgunz

Forum User
If you're running your own server try phpmyadmin at http://www.phpmyadmin.net which provides a nice GUI for MySQL which can help you to easily administrate your MySQL databases... Otherwise its all command line from here... It takes ten minutes to install, 5 minutes to learn how to create databases and administer priviledges... Its a real piece of cake and you should be all ready to install Geeklog within just 15 minutes... Good luck Smile---Victor B. Gonzalez
Victor B. Gonzalez -
http://aeonserv.com

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:45 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content