Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, March 29 2024 @ 07:13 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Gooped up geeklog

Livin-Nappy

Forum User
Hey everyone!Need some help here!My geeklog was all nice and fun then i started gettin all these errors when i tried to do something new (namely upload a picture and takin out some not so nice words out of a post that a user submited) this is what the thing says...."Warning: Unable to create c:blahblahblahblah/geeklog/public_html/images/articles/20030410110544601_1.jpg': Permission denied in c:blahblahblahblah/geeklog/system/classes/upload.class.php on line 453Warning: Unable to move 'CRazzHP/uploadtemp/php639C.tmp' to c:blahblahblahblahgeeklog/public_html/images/articles/20030410110544601_1.jpg' in c:blah/blah/blah/blah/geeklog/system/classes/upload.class.php on line 453Warning: chmod failed: No such file or directory in c:blah/blah/blah/blah/geeklog/system/classes/upload.class.php on line 521"and then on my main page it says this now cause i tried to edit a post that was submited....."Warning: fopen("c:blah/blah/blah/blah/geeklog/logs/error.log", "a"Wink - Permission denied in c:blah/blah/blah/blah/geeklog/public_html/lib-common.php on line 1440"Now i know i have all the files uloaded and stuff so i'm not sure what the heck is wrong.PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!Thanks a ton!Live Happy, Live Nappy!Michaelwww.livin-nappy.net
Live Happy, Live Nappy!!
Michael

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Well, obviously your permissions on those files and directories are not correct (like the error messages say). Also make sure the images/articles directory actually exists (since it's an empty directory in the tarball it seems to get lost during installation for some people ...). bye, Dirk

Livin-Nappy

Forum User
I guess a better question would be what are supose to be the permission settings for those files so i can see if i have them set wrong, and yes the folder images/articles is there. Thanks for the help! Michael www.livin-nappy.net---Live Happy, Live Nappy!! Michael
Live Happy, Live Nappy!!
Michael

DTrumbower

Forum User
Either 775 or 777 depending on your environment. If they are already 775, then change it to 777. Dwight

Livin-Nappy

Forum User
Allrighty! Permissioned properly... problems fixed..... Now how the heck do i get rid of this stupid error message?!?!?! Thanks a ton! Michael www.livin-nappy.net---Live Happy, Live Nappy!! Michael
Live Happy, Live Nappy!!
Michael

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Well, if you still get the error messages then the permissions are NOT correct ... bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:13 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content