Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 19 2024 @ 02:55 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Permissions

porras

Anonymous
I'm receiving this message each time I try to post a story as Moderator, Admin, or a use in the Story Admin group: Sorry, you do not have access to the story administration page. Please note that all attempts to access unauthorized features are logged When I post as an ordinary user, there is no problem. I guess that's something about a wrong set permisions in a file or directory. What should I change? How do i do it? (I'm uploading the files to server via ftp, and that is the only access I hace to it). Thanks.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin

Copy&paste from my answer on the geeklog-users mailing list:

There's a bug in admin/story.php that may cause this for users which have StoryAdmin permissions but are not Root (Admin). See my comment in this thread for a fix.

bye, Dirk

0  Quote

3dlirio

Anonymous
I have the same problem. I did the changes in story.php but noghting happend, i'm still having the same problem. I keep reading the StoryAdmin threads in this website but i didn't find anything that fix this problem. The only ones that can post new stories are the root users. If i set every groups single groups but root, that user can't edit, neither make new stories. (im not trying to edit stories that say only-read, i found this as a suggestion. It was something like: "If your computer can't start up, check at first if it's plugged to the wall. jejeje) I'n fact, i can't edit neither the stories that were written by the same user with root privilege. I only quit the root checkbox from the user group options, i leave all the boxes checked but root. and i'm still having the same permission problem. anybody with the same problem? I also try creating new groups with the Story Admin and all the permission, but nothing good happend. Same permission message. Thanks for helping.

3dlirio

Anonymous
I think i found out my problem, i didn't pay atention to the topic permission. thanks anyway!!!

All times are EDT. The time is now 02:55 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content