Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 01:15 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Displaying image in story

heavy

Forum User
I just recently setup my first copy of geeklog and I must say I am very impressed so far. One thing I'd like to do is include a picture in a story, and I see this functionality is available when adding a story as an administrator. Not sure what I'm doing wrong but when I create the story and select the picture to upload, I enter the [image1] tag into the story as described on the submission page. However, when the story is saved, I still only see the [image1] text and the picture is nowhere to be seen. Am I doing something obviously wrong here? Are file permissions wrong? I don't see anything in the error log. I know this has previously been briefly discussed, but the comments there were only about using the administrator account to do this and to refer to the instructions on the page, both of which I have already done. i appreciate the help.

Anonymous

Anonymous
You're saving the page as PLAIN TEXT rather then HTML. Select HTML from the pull-down menu and that should solve your problem.

heavy

Forum User
thanks for the tip, but unfortunately I am already saving it as HTML and it is not working. I also tried plain text just to make sure, and of course that didn't work either.

heavy

Forum User
is there some PHP or apache setting I need to tweak to allow the image to upload, or is it a problem with geeklog? I followed the instructions in the documentation, and I didn't see anything there about changing apache conf or php conf. just want to make sure i've covered my bases

Anonymous

Anonymous
Also, make sure there is a /images/articles folder created. This folder, as well as /images/userphotos is not created on install.

Anonymous

Anonymous
Also, try this. In config.php, change the setting $_CONF['postmode'] to 'html' just to make sure. And, know that [image1] is case-sensitive. Also, I save the item as a DRAFT first. And make sure that the test image you are uploading is very small at first to get over the problem because I have had weird behavior with picture uploading when the dimensions are bigger, say 200x400, even if I aadjust them in the config.php. start with a jpg or gif very small 40x40@3K for example. HTH

Anonymous

Anonymous
thanks for the tip, I did change the postmode to html in config.php but it is still not working. i'm totally out of ideas, but I'll trying anything if someone has a suggestion. gf

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Make sure file_upload is allowed in your php.ini bye, Dirk

Anonymous

Anonymous
thank you that did it. I'm an idiot =) restarted apache and it is all good! thanks to everybody at geeklog.net for the help.

Geeklog user

Anonymous
under which directory is this php.ini file found??

I been searching as I have the same problem??

Thanks guys.

r_f_o_t

Forum User
Quote by Geeklog user: under which directory is this php.ini file found??

I been searching as I have the same problem??

Thanks guys.

Is the server under your control? If it is, and it's running linux, look under /etc. Don't know where it would be on a windows system. If your site is hosted by some company, you probably won't have access to php.ini.

HTH,

Chuck
Too many hands on my time.

machinari

Forum User
on a windows system it should be in the windows directory or in the system directory--will function from either place. so typically: C:/windows/php.ini or C:/windows/system32/php.ini. (replace windows with whatever yours is, eg, winNT or whatever.

tov

Anonymous
i think it would be cool if geeklog allowed the BBCode that phpbb uses for posting images- or plain html code for posting images.

tov

Anonymous
like this

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:15 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content