Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 25 2024 @ 12:38 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Import the Back up?

Anonymous

Anonymous
I created a Back up of my DB, I want to import that backup now, I have looked but maybe its somthing very easy I over looked. Thank You

vinny

Site Admin
Admin
The best way to do this is from the command line. from the command line run: 'mysql -p -u <database user> <geeklog database>' enter the database password. at the mysql> prompt type: . /path/to/database/backup/file -Vinny

Anonymous

Anonymous
Can this be done with phpmyadmin??

vinny

Site Admin
Admin
I'm sure it can, but I've never used phpmyadmin before so I don't know how you would do it. An option to upload an sql file or run an sql file from the local files system would be things (options, commands?) to look for. I doubt you'll be able to just copy and paste the sql into a form though. I'm willing to bet that the sql backup file is just too big to be uploaded by normal HTTP GET or POST. -Vinny

jhk

Forum User
Chatty
If the file is small enough to be uploaded through POST, you can do it through phpMyAdmin. Select the DB on the left drop-down menu. Click "SQL" tab on the right. Browse to the sql-file and click "go". You may have to empty your DB first! You do that under the "Structure" tab. Select all tables and select "drop" in the "With all tables" drop-down menu at the bottom of the table list.

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:38 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content