Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 19 2024 @ 06:02 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

File upload - Please help!!

zullop

Anonymous
Blaine, my website is now hosted on a webserver that has the max file upload set to 50 MB and the max time set to 30 minutes. The folders public_html and the filemgmt_data are all set to CHMOD 777. If I upload files less than 2MB it works fine otherwise I get the 1017 error message. Does the plugin needs to be configured somewhere else? Does it support more than 2MB files upload? I really don't know what to do anymore, any suggestion will be highly appreciated. Thanks.

rawdata

Forum User
Why don't your read through this page? Maybe one or more of the tips given by other people who had problems uploading very large files will help solve your problem too.

Php was never really designed to upload huge files like you want to do. That's what FTP/TELNET are for, but it's probably possible with the right settings on your system. According to some on that page, it requires more than just adjusting the max filesize and execution time.

zullop

Anonymous
Actually I'm trying to upload a 5MB file, I don't think it is so big.. Anyway, thanks for the link, I will have a look, but I'm not really sure if it will help, my site is not on my webserver. Bye

Anonymous

Anonymous
IIRC isn't the default php.ini set for 2MB uploads? Could actually be a server config issue despite what your being told about upload limits.

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:02 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content