Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 25 2024 @ 11:44 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Multiple GL's on a single domain

shortround

Anonymous
Hi guys, I'm trying to run a second log(off another DCool on the same domain... but the cookies are giving me a headache. What should I change in config.php under the cookie section to fix the problems? Thanks, -Shorty

Anonymous

Anonymous
What problem are you experiencing? Are you making the GL's different subdirectories or different subdomains?

shortround

Anonymous
I've tried both to no avail. As soon as I log in on one, the other one's themes get screwed up for me. At first, it was muellhorn.goldentaco.org ---- so I changed it to: goldentaco.org/muellhorn --- still the same problems. -Shorty--- -Shorty

rawdata

Forum User
I think each site would need to have these set to a different name: $_CONF['cookie_session'] = 'gl_session'; $_CONF['cookie_name'] = 'geeklog'; $_CONF['cookie_password'] = 'password'; $_CONF['cookie_theme'] = 'theme'; $_CONF['cookie_language'] = 'language'; $_CONF['cookie_lastvisit'] = 'LastVisit'; $_CONF['cookie_lastvisittemp'] = 'LastVisitTemp'; OR, better yet set these differently: $_CONF['cookie_path'] = '/'; $_CONF['cookiedomain'] = ''; The '/' in cookie_path says the cookie is available in the entire domain. You can limit this to a specific directory like this: $_CONF['cookie_path'] = '/dirname/'; To make a cookie available across all subdomains you can use this: $_CONF['cookiedomain'] = '.yourdomainname.com'; To limit it to a certain subdomain you could use this: $_CONF['cookiedomain'] = 'subdomain.yourdomainname.com'; If setting these doesn't work, you probably will have to "fix" your cookies. I had to do this to get side pages to work correctly.

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:44 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content